Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to deal with difficult ex husband

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
So my ex husband hasn't done anything he was supposed to in our divorce decree. I mean nothing. So every so often we have to go back to court. I had to do it to force him to provide me with medical records on my kids, give me his address, get a phone. So now its financial stuff. He refuses to pay anything he was supposed to. When I filed for this latest round of contempt he hasn't even made a child support payment and was facing license suspension but he's finally working part time and I get half his paychecks until the job ends in June. It doesn't even cover the full amount (which would only cover roughly half the kids daycare costs and half their health insurance premiums). A judge ordered two weeks ago he needs to pay on some loans, keep current with child support and catch up on arrears and pay his half of the kids non covered medical expenses or he would go to jail in Aug when the judge reviews the casw. So here's the problem. Earlier in the week he decided he needed copies of the medical bills. I've provided him these twice in the past and he claims I've never given him copies. So I texted them to him. He says it doesn't count. So now what do I do? Reprint them and cross my fingers he actually pays? Know the judge ordered and just forget it and let him go to jail? I'm just not sure.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cryssor
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:13 PM

What does he mean that doesn't count? Try emailing it to him?  Man that's frustrating :(

myluckystars11
by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:16 PM
I would send him an actual copy from the actual dr office (or where ever) so he knows it legit. That way if he doesn't pay by August then you can tell the judge you've given him the copies. Are court order actual says it has to be a copy not just word of mouth.
shell3m
by Shell on May. 17, 2015 at 5:17 PM
I would do everything so he can't come back and say you didn't. Send them in the mail AND email.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 5:18 PM
5 moms liked this
Ask Siri where to hide a body and go from there.
Bieg9093
by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:19 PM
6 moms liked this
You put hard copies in an envelope, take them to the post office, and mail them certified mail return receipt requested. You get a postcard proving that he received them.
Armymom134
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:19 PM
Send a paper copy of the bills by certified mail that he has to sign for and send them by email and provide the proof that you sent them in court.
cryssor
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:20 PM

This. Not just to say you did, but to do whatver you can doto get him to pay is better for the kids than for him to be in jail. 

Quoting shell3m: I would do everything so he can't come back and say you didn't. Send them in the mail AND email.

okeydokie
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I would make a copy, & send it certified. Play the game, then address it in court.
JZB
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:21 PM
I would email that would give him the info he needs to pay and you can prove you sent it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 5:23 PM
If he says he doesn't get them bring them with you to your next court date.

Besides that meet him somewhere and hand them to him with pictures of showing you did or an witness.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)