Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so proud of my SO!

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:38 PM
  • 5 Replies

Back story: My fiance is much younger than his siblings (between 17 and 26 years younger). He has 7 nieces and nephews that are within 3 to 4 years of his age, and they were always more like cousins to him. They all played together and were raised together. 

My fiance has crippling social anxiety. It got to its worst when he was about 13. He had to be taken out of school, because he was getting physically sick every time he had to leave the house.

One of the worst parts of it was that he couldn't even speak to family. His nieces and nephews were devastated, because they missed him so much. The two nephews he was closest to missed him so much, and every family gathering, they would ask why he wasn't there.

The past 3 years have been intense for us. Behavioral therapy, immersion therapy, trying different anti-anxiety meds. It's been tough, but he's been progressing.

Today, he is outside, talking, hanging out, laughing with his nieces and nephews. One of the nephews that was like a brother to him came in and said to us, "It's so great. I've missed him so much! It's just so nice to see him again." 

It made me cry. I am so proud of him right now! He has been working so hard to get to this point, and I am just so proud of him! I don't think he realizes how much this means to his family, and his sisters are so proud of him, too, right now. It's wonderful. :) 

by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dizzy91
by Kelly on May. 17, 2015 at 5:42 PM

Bump!

angl_gurl1
by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:42 PM

thats great, i hope he continues to do ok

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Quoting angl_gurl1:

thats great, i hope he continues to do ok

seximami111
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:48 PM

BUMP!

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:50 PM
As someone who struggles with severe anxiety, I find that truly amazing! Good for him! I hope he finds himself feeling less and less anxiety as time goes on. 😀
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)