Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you give your kid for graduation?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
What did you give your kid for high school graduation? My stepson graduates on Thursday and we are trying to decide what to get him. He says $$ but how much? He is not going to college in the fall just FYI. He is choosing to work and go live with his grandparents.

Ideas would be great!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
drowningmama
by on May. 17, 2015 at 6:14 PM
Well my kids aren't old enough but please allow me to vent and state that my brother got a brand new stereo system for both his room and his car when he graduated.
I got nothing when I graduated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 6:16 PM
I have little kids. When I graduated HS I received $500 from my parents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 6:17 PM
My parents paid for me and a couple friends to go to Florida for a week. I don't know your budget, but at least a few hundred.
okeydokie
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 6:17 PM
Not going to college? I think a $100 gas card. Going to college, probably cash. Ours graduates next month. She is going off to college. We are hoping to be able to pull together $500. At this point, looks like she will get closer to $100. We do what we can. Shrugs.
lenashark
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 6:19 PM

None of my kids have graduated and they are far from that age, but in my family the parents always give the kid a watch for a graduation present, so that's what my kids will get when they graduate. I'm sure they will have a watch at that point, but this will be a nice dress watch. 

CampClan
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 6:19 PM
I threw his party. He knows that was a stretch money-wise for me (divorced mom of 5 kids). So when I asked he said he didn't expect anything from me that I haven't already done. Infact I don't think he even wanted a party (this was last year).

Oh... I also dealt with his sperm donor showing up out of the blue after 18 years.
DarkAlice
by ☼ Illumined ☼ on May. 17, 2015 at 6:19 PM

Moving boxes!

SallySkellingtn
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 6:21 PM
I got a Harry Potter DVD and Chinese takeout lol. After graduation I didn't go on the senior trip, I spent time with my parents and brother.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)