Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so tired of feeling guilty for this

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 6:40 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm tired of feeling guilty for my absences because of other people's actions.

My bio Mom and "best friend," try and guilt me all the time.

My bio Mom was a crackhead whose actions allowed me to be raised by another woman. I call that woman Mom.

My "best friend," was always a shit friend. I cut her out of my life a year ago.

Every chance these people get they guilt me. They sell their sob stories to my other family/friends about my absence from their lives. They try and directly guilt me. I'm tired of it. Why can't people accept you want nothing to do with them?
by on May. 17, 2015 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jblb
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
You must get "out of sight, out of mind..." BUT, when they want you, and you're busy... Well, let's just say, "I know what you mean."
ame85
by Chemistry cat on May. 17, 2015 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell them you're so sorry that various trouble in your life has affected them so severely, and maybe they need therapy to handle the crushing disappointment.
lovemysnugbugs
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 6:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Because deep down they know it's their own fault, but it's easier to make you look or feel bad than it is to face their own actions.
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on May. 17, 2015 at 6:51 PM
I should send them the # of a good therapist.

Quoting ame85: Tell them you're so sorry that various trouble in your life has affected them so severely, and maybe they need therapy to handle the crushing disappointment.
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Because shitbags will always be shitbags.  They are filled with nasty, vile smelling crap, that has only one purpose- to light on fire on the porch of other shitbags.

DarkAlice
by ☼ Illumined ☼ on May. 17, 2015 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

You tell your friends, that if they mention those people to you again, (for any reason short of, "Oh yeah, they're dead!") they too will need to beg others, to tell you, "They miss you, and your friendship". 

I've done this, and it's rather amazing how fast your friends "shut up"concerning "them". 

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on May. 17, 2015 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a brilliant idea. Lol

Quoting DarkAlice:

You tell your friends, that if they mention those people to you again, (for any reason short of, "Oh yeah, they're dead!") they too will need to beg others, to tell you, "They miss you, and your friendship". I've done this, and it's rather amazing how fast your friends "shut up"concerning "them". 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2015 at 8:13 PM

Fuck everyone. That's all I got to say. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 8:25 PM

many reasons. Most of them = they suck. I get the same thing. Then those family members who I do like hate me for not "forgiving". Some take the approach of, well if you dont want to see them, i cant see you, because it would be betraying XYZ. Or they believe the lies. 

I find solace in the fact that when I am around my FiL, all he does is bitch about the people I dont like. Stating all the same things I dont like them for. But I know when he gets back around them, he's probably bitching about me too. 

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:34 PM

Why do you continue to let them guilt you?  Tell your family that if they continue to bring these people up you will cut them out of your life too.  Be firm, be resolute and follow through with your threat if they continue.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)