Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mexican Aunt (Tia) *grabby Title*

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 6:57 PM
  • 25 Replies
Gotta love my husbands aunt. We are very close and her family even live in the same building. She had 3 boys and the youngest is now 10. So she is very attracted to my dd.

Last night we were all outside enjoying the nice weather when my dd4 fell and started crying, now if I had gotten my white butt over there first I would have had her take a deep breath tell me what was wrong quick hug/kiss then back to playing.

but she got there first baby girl is crying and tia is snuggling and crooning in Spanish.

I keep trying to get close but she literally keeps pushing me away like 'yea yea I got this' lol this going on for like 7 minutes before dd finally calms and I can check. Guess what not even a scrap lol.

*is anyone actually reading this? Or are you all just going to post the same thing?
by on May. 17, 2015 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bohemian_Pirate
by A Landscapers Love on May. 17, 2015 at 6:59 PM
Bump
Bohemian_Pirate
by A Landscapers Love on May. 17, 2015 at 7:03 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2015 at 7:05 PM
This has to do with Mexicans why?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 7:06 PM
Only Mexican aunts coddle children? White aunts don't? News to me.
Reading.Rainbow
by Brigid on May. 17, 2015 at 7:06 PM

What does her being Mexican have to do with this?

Bohemian_Pirate
by A Landscapers Love on May. 17, 2015 at 7:06 PM
She is Mexican...

Quoting Anonymous 1: This has to do with Mexicans why?
ncbirdie
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this

The original title of her post was "Tias", which is Spanish for "aunts".  I'm guessing she's feeling that her husband's aunt's behavior (coddling the child) is a cultural thing.  I'm also guessing that she changed the post title becasue no one was responding, probably because they had no clue what "Tias" meant.

lenashark
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:09 PM

What does her being Mexican and you being white have anything to do with the story. 

Bohemian_Pirate
by A Landscapers Love on May. 17, 2015 at 7:10 PM
Yup, also because it funny and different to me. Not how things are done in my family or around were I grew up.

My husband thinks my family is weird to and we both laugh about it.

Quoting ncbirdie:

The original title of her post was "Tias", which is Spanish for "aunts".  I'm guessing she's feeling that her husband's aunt's behavior (coddling the child) is a cultural thing.  I'm also guessing that she changed the post title becasue no one was responding, probably because they had no clue what "Tias" meant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2015 at 7:12 PM
Ok? Just made it seem like this was a Mexican thing. My white sister tries to baby my children, so glad we don't live close.

Quoting Bohemian_Pirate: She is Mexican...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)