Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks for your help...but seriously wtf?!

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:18 PM
  • 351 Replies
We are in the process of moving.

DH's aunt came unexpectedly to our old house (while we were at the new house setting up there, and DH's nephew was at the old house packing) and started to "help" move without our knowing. His nephew never mentioned it as he thought we had arranged it.

When we came back to the house 8 hours later we saw that our two boys toys were packed up. I should be happy and grateful right? Well. No!

The way she "helped" was by disassembling over 100 Lego sets that were on display on several shelves throughout their rooms. When I say disassembled, I mean she took them apart piece by piece and dumped all the pieces in ONE huge garbage bag.

Millenium Falcon, Death Star, all the Lego Movie sets, Avenger sets, Marvel sets, Lego City, Ninjago....and many, many more (over 10 years of collecting) are now just a pile of random bricks inside of a garbage bag.

I wish I was over exaggerating. But it's the truth. And my kids and husband are devastated because there really is no way to salvage it.

We calmly expressed our shock and some anger over this. She says we were ungrateful for all her "hard work" and she thought the kids would just "put them back together" in our new home. But come on, if you are a parent of Lego loving children you KNOW how much money, time, and effort goes into these things!!!

DH says it is because she does not have kids of her own so she does not know. But still if you don't know then don't touch! Don't go into someone's home without consent and break things that you don't know about! I wouldn't do that to anyone else's belongings!

Wouldn't you be upset? Or am I just being petty?
by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:20 PM
10 moms liked this

I would be LIVID!!! Those things take forever to build. If you wanted to keep them displayed she was horrible for doing what she did.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:22 PM

Oh Lord...

ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on May. 17, 2015 at 9:22 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd be pissed
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2015 at 9:22 PM
4 moms liked this

Petty.

two4one
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:22 PM
Wow, I can only imagine the heartache they are all feeling. I get that she was trying to help, but you've gotta use your head.
Bohemian_Pirate
by A Landscapers Love on May. 17, 2015 at 9:23 PM
5 moms liked this
I would have broken down at the sight of that. At her response I would have socked her.
4everJs
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:24 PM
They were obviously for display. We bought several shelves for their room and they were all set up very nicely.

DH wanted to cry when he saw his Millenium Falcon was destroyed. That thing was $120+ and it took FOREVER for them to make.

I just can't believe she would even do that. His entire family lacks common sense which is why we didn't ask them to help us move.

Quoting KairisMama:

I would be LIVID!!! Those things take forever to build. If you wanted to keep them displayed she was horrible for doing what she did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry but I'm with your DH on this one. If you don't know, don't touch doesn't really apply to adults handling kids toys.

It was a horrible thing to have happen though. My sympathy. :(
squeekers
by squeekers on May. 17, 2015 at 9:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have screamed bloody murder at her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 9:26 PM
Yeah I would be quite pissed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)