Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

house work and kids just a womans job????

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:44 PM
  • 50 Replies

Anyone else get aggravated when there so doesn't help with house work on their days off I'm a stay at home mom so I do almost everything and that to me is fair but I still expect help on the days he's off work my goal everyday is to catch up on house work during the children's nap time so I have the rest of the day with them and my house work doesn't get ahead of me so today I asked him to do dishes while I folded clothes what's he do lays on the couch and goes to sleep (he got to sleep in today while I've been up with the kids since 6) I know he is tired but being a stay at home mother of 2 small children is just as tiring as working a full time job I don't ask him for much and it seems like no matter how many times I talk to him about this it never sinks in his head im starting to feel like I'm only here for sex, to cook, to clean and to take care of the babies he swears that he thinks men and woman are equal but he sure doesn't act like it!!!!! Ok rant over!!!

by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2015 at 9:45 PM
Kids and home are your job. Suck it up buttercup.
hopemcc411
by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:47 PM
I'm in the same boat. I know its frustrating.
hopemcc411
by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this
And they are his kids. He can help out when he is off work.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Kids and home are your job. Suck it up buttercup.
jessiebell1213
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:47 PM

haha wow nd no i didnt make the kids myself so i dont take care of them alone!!! i dont make the mess myself so i dont clean it up all alone!!! sure i let my husband relax and do whatever but i fully expect alittle bit of help every now and then!

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:49 PM
6 moms liked this

I work 80 hours a week, my husband is a SAHD.

I look for any and every opportunity to help my husband with the chores and Child Wrangling.

If your husband doesn't do that, he's a gigantic useless weenie.

Lillibella
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:50 PM
A decent man and father helps with his kids. It doesn't matter if you're a stay at home mom. I'm sorry you're married to a shitty guy and bitter about it. Sucks.

jessiebell1213
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:51 PM

so he is doing the dishes that i asked him to do earlier today because i left them sit all day long :) my way of getting him to finally help is just not doing it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Get ready for endless replies of how you should do everything and home and kiss his ass for even being with you, let alone bringing home a paycheck.

ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on May. 17, 2015 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
My unpopular opinion is everybody lives there everybody helps clean. No matter who works and stays at home or doesnt.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:54 PM

How mature.

Look man, how about you ask him to help when you need him to?  Like THAT VERY SECOND?

Quoting jessiebell1213:

so he is doing the dishes that i asked him to do earlier today because i left them sit all day long :) my way of getting him to finally help is just not doing it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)