Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a second away from checking into mental health ward w my almost 4

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

My son has been super agressive this weekend. Every no he gets ends up in an aggressive tantrum. He would open and slam doors and drawers, throw whatever is on his way, pick up the Ikea plastic chairs and table and throw them...kick me, pinch me etc etc

His tantrum are tanturm..of courser there is no reasoning.he just dopesnt get things his way and he throws a tantrum.

If he wants TV, I would turn it on and then he whines non stop because he wants new epidoses of the show he likes. If I play the saved one, he whines because they are not new.

If I turn thr TV off he would throw a tantrum.

He had pasta and chicken for dinner. 10 minutes later he saw me opening the pantry and he wanted a "Snack" (meaning cookies) when he did eat a good plate. I told him that I wasn;t saying no and I was just saying wait 20 minutes. There he went and started to throw another tantrum.

This morning same story from 6 am...yeah 6 am...so glad by 11 he fell asleep as I was going insane.

I can;t even piece together was his last morning tantrum was about but I ended up putting the Ikea toddler table and chairs away.

At 4 pm we came back from the park and he went to the bathroom and wiped his penis with toilet paper. Then he started crying like crazy because his penis was white and he started hitting the door. I told him I was about to giver him a bath and wash his hair and he screamed even more. He already knew that we were going to take a bath as soon as we returned.

Almost every single step ends in a tantrum

There has been no changes in our routines and family situation. I have been single since the pregnancy so it is not like he is acting out due to changes in parenting or discipline

Honestly, 10 minutes ago , I grabbed my purse and keys and phone and I was so ready to drive to the nearest hospital what has a mental health ward. I don't know what they could have done but I was so ready. I did tell him that we were going to a hospital so that doctors could tell mommy how tp handle his aggressive behavior. I have told him to squeeze a huge bear he has but it hasnt worked.

I still think I should have gone

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 10:03 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous

BUMP!

Anonymous

BUMP!

Anonymous

BUMP!

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:05 PM
So talk to his ped and find a child behavior therapist who can help you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 10:05 PM

sat and sunday were like this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 10:05 PM
He's 4? There's a reason for his behavior of course. What does his pedi say?
darkunicorn89
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:06 PM
I think you should bring it up to his pediatrician
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ame85
by Chemistry cat on May. 17, 2015 at 10:06 PM
Sounds like 4 year old bratty behavior.

He's not nuts, he's 4 and needs discipline.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:07 PM

How old? Does he have SN's?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)