Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Never in my life have I got...

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:06 PM
  • 22 Replies
Pink eye. But I woke up this morning and I have freaking pink eye. If having swollen tonsils not being able to eat drink or sleep let's add pink eye. And when I do eat or drink I can't keep it down. This freaking sucks. And it feel like I'm getting a left ear infection. Guess I need to call the doc and get in tomorrow. This all started Thursday. I figured take some meds like normal I will be okay but it seems like I'm just getting worse.

Is there stuff I can get at Walmart for my eye or will it need to be a prescription from the doctor??
by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kewimom
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Prescription for pink eye, it is contagious.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:10 PM

If it is bacterial conjunctivitis, then you'll need antibiotic drops and that only comes as an rx.  The good news is most of them are generic now a days and you'll probably be out only $4-$10 at the most.  You might have a strep infection going on that is causing all three.  Hope you feel better soon!!

Oh and put the drops in BOTH eyes.  Cross contamination is super easy and don't share wash cloths or towels!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2015 at 11:11 PM
Prescription or it wont go away. Are you sure its pink eye? You could have an infected scratch, they look the same but pink eye is pus and gunk, waking up with your eye stuck shut. Make sure you are cleaning it often with a clean rag every time either way.
Stashlee
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:12 PM
Ear infections can cause pink eye.
amy1will
by Amethyst on May. 17, 2015 at 11:14 PM
I woke up this morning and couldn't open my left eye. I've had to clean the gunk out all day. It's also burning too. I've been getting a new warm rag everytime. And thank you!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Prescription or it wont go away. Are you sure its pink eye? You could have an infected scratch, they look the same but pink eye is pus and gunk, waking up with your eye stuck shut. Make sure you are cleaning it often with a clean rag every time either way.
Reading.Rainbow
by Brigid on May. 17, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Just put a warm, wet washcloth over it.

The norm used to be getting prescription eyedrops but now they're finding it will just clear up on it's own in the same amount of time.

It is really contagious though , so stay home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 11:14 PM
Around here (Ohio) there is a virus that is mimicking allergy symptoms but worse. My son gets pink eye from allergy issues at times. It stinks but is easily treated.
amy1will
by Amethyst on May. 17, 2015 at 11:14 PM
Thank you so much. I will call tomorrow and get in with the doc.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

If it is bacterial conjunctivitis, then you'll need antibiotic drops and that only comes as an rx.  The good news is most of them are generic now a days and you'll probably be out only $4-$10 at the most.  You might have a strep infection going on that is causing all three.  Hope you feel better soon!!

Oh and put the drops in BOTH eyes.  Cross contamination is super easy and don't share wash cloths or towels!!

amy1will
by Amethyst on May. 17, 2015 at 11:15 PM
I didn't know this. Thank you for tell me.

Quoting Stashlee: Ear infections can cause pink eye.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:16 PM

You'll probably end up with oral antibiotics too.

Quoting amy1will: Thank you so much. I will call tomorrow and get in with the doc.
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)