Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our family is just a little bigger now!

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:32 PM
  • 10 Replies
3 moms liked this

We adopted two babies from a litter last night.  Calling tomorrow to take them to the vet and make sure all is well.

I introduce to you Malarkey and JoJo.

by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:36 PM

woohoocongrats2

doodlesmom13
by Jess-Anne on May. 17, 2015 at 11:36 PM
Which is which lol
bjs1515
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:38 PM
Cute. I wish I could have pets.
ncbirdie
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:38 PM

The orange one is Malarkey and the black and white is JoJo.

Malarkey is very curious and loves to explore, but everything freaks him out.  He hisses at everything, but won't stay in one place.  JoJo is much more laid back; doesn't go looking for trouble and just kind of accepts things the way they are.  He doesn't like being picked up, though.

Quoting doodlesmom13: Which is which lol

ncbirdie
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:44 PM

Allergies or housing?  We're in a really crappy house right now because of our pets.  We wouldn't move without them and our landlord was the ONLY person to respond to any inquiries for any houses with a reasonable rent and pet deposit and we only had 3 weeks to find a place 1100 miles away.  Some places wanted to charge an extra $100/month per pet; with two dogs, a cat, and a rabbit we weren't willing to pay that much.

Quoting bjs1515: Cute. I wish I could have pets.

bcoll
by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:47 PM
Pretty babies
ncbirdie
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:50 PM

They're adorable, even if I do think they're a little skinny.  They were outdoor kitties born on a farm.  They're filthy and they need a bath, but we're going to work on that slowly.  I'm thinking, until then, making up some of my cloth wipe solution and giving them a sort of wet wipe bath.

Quoting bcoll: Pretty babies

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2015 at 11:50 PM
Both actually. I love cats. Had them growing up. My apartment complex doesn't allow animals and my boys are allergic to pet dander.

Quoting ncbirdie:

Allergies or housing?  We're in a really crappy house right now because of our pets.  We wouldn't move without them and our landlord was the ONLY person to respond to any inquiries for any houses with a reasonable rent and pet deposit and we only had 3 weeks to find a place 1100 miles away.  Some places wanted to charge an extra $100/month per pet; with two dogs, a cat, and a rabbit we weren't willing to pay that much.

ncbirdie
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:53 PM

Well, boo.  It would break my heart if anyone in our household developed allergies to any of our pets.  I don't know if I could actually take the step and find them new homes.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Both actually. I love cats. Had them growing up. My apartment complex doesn't allow animals and my boys are allergic to pet dander.
Quoting ncbirdie:

BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on May. 17, 2015 at 11:54 PM
Aww, they're cute.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)