Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously, who lets their kids play with guns unsupervised?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

My neighbor apparently. Two months ago these kids shot our window out with airsoft rifles leaving 2 holes. It was our nursery window and I was PISSED. The window was replaced, luckily our homeowner's insurance covered the cost. 

We talked to the neighbor, we figured he disciplined the kids because we haven't heard them shooting the guns since. Then today we hear them out there and then the obvious sound of bullets hitting the side of our house. I'm sitting directly in front of the window facing their house. If the guns have enough force to break a window, they have enough force to hurt my kids. 

DH stormed out of the house and yelled at them to knock it off. I would have rather called the cops, I'm still debating on it. 

Is it overreacting to call the cops? We're on good terms with these neighbors but I am really upset. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 11:41 PM
Twice they shoot your house? How old are they? Why didn't your neighbor replace your window?

Was the parent home?

3companytoo
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:42 PM

I probably would've called the police. I doubt anything would happen to the kids but the parents would be mad enough to make them stop.

the_dude
by abides on May. 17, 2015 at 11:42 PM
They are shooting at your freaking house...

I'm not sure one can overreact to such.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 11:44 PM

He offered to, but the homeowners insurance paid it. The kids are 9 & 11.

We can't prove it was them the first time, because we weren't home when it happened. But we have no other neighbors close enough on that side that it could have been. We did file a police report the first time though, forgot to mention that. We had to in order for the insurance to cover it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Twice they shoot your house? How old are they? Why didn't your neighbor replace your window? Was the parent home?

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:45 PM

Damn straight, call the cops.  I'd send the neighbors a bill for the deductible for the window too. I'd take their asses to court if necessary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 11:47 PM

That's a good idea. We're in a school zone too so I bet they'd get in trouble.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Damn straight, call the cops.  I'd send the neighbors a bill for the deductible for the window too. I'd take their asses to court if necessary.

TediLee
by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:52 PM

I'd say call if you even just saw them with the guns but some cops are just trigger happy and would shoot them for it. I would call the cops though myself but I think it would depend on the type of police you have there.

goatmom4
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:55 PM

i would call the cops those guns can still put out an eye      or who knows what thye will shoot with it and be sure they know thye have already damaged your house 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Actually, they're not too bad out here. 

I'm more pissed at the parents for their lack of common sense. We have guns too but I would NEVER let the kids play with them. They're not BB guns but I don't think any gun should be in the hands of a child without direct supervision and safety gear.

Quoting TediLee:

I'd say call if you even just saw them with the guns but some cops are just trigger happy and would shoot them for it. I would call the cops though myself but I think it would depend on the type of police you have there.

TheBamBam
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2015 at 12:24 AM
The type of gun is irrelevant, children should NEVER have access to any gun PERIOD. Honestly Id call CPS. If they have free access to air soft guns, Id be willing to bet the parents arent very diligent about gun safety at all. Its neglectful and irresponsible parenting on their part
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)