Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rash

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My son (9) got sent home today because he had a red rash on the top of his hands. It's mostly on his right hand but also a little on the left.it's a flat rash the color has changed from pink to red then to pink. He says it doesn't itch. He also had an itchy throat but it's gone he said. I was sick last week with a sore throat. he nurse said maybe hand foot mouth and there had been a case of it last week. But from what I looked up thats mostly the palm of the hands. His mouth and feet look fine. No fever. His Dr can't see him until Thursday. So ill have to take him to the walk in clinic on Wed. When I have the car. Any ideas of what it could be?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CreamTop
by I Rise on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:52 AM
I would guess Hand Foot & Mouth also, but a mild case. He could have also been allergic to something.
sparklystars
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:55 AM

Bump! Allergy?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:03 AM
Thanks. I wish the dr in town could get him in sooner so I can let the school know.

Quoting CreamTop: I would guess Hand Foot & Mouth also, but a mild case. He could have also been allergic to something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:05 AM
We where home all weekend so I'm not sure what it could be from. He noticed it walking to school. He did tell me about the sore throat before school but I didn't notice his hands.

Quoting sparklystars:

Bump! Allergy?

sparklystars
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:27 AM

It could just be part of a virus. Did you try a little cortisone cream? or benadryl?

Quoting Anonymous 1: We where home all weekend so I'm not sure what it could be from. He noticed it walking to school. He did tell me about the sore throat before school but I didn't notice his hands.
Quoting sparklystars:

Bump! Allergy?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this
No because it wasn't bothering him and it wasn't getting bigger. Thank you.I should put something on it in the morning.

Quoting sparklystars:

It could just be part of a virus. Did you try a little cortisone cream? or benadryl?

Quoting Anonymous 1: We where home all weekend so I'm not sure what it could be from. He noticed it walking to school. He did tell me about the sore throat before school but I didn't notice his hands.

Quoting sparklystars:

Bump! Allergy?

Goldphish13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:08 AM
Seems like an allergic reaction. Pay close attention to what he comes in contact with to narrow down what caused it. It could get worse as he gets older or go away but either way its a good idea to try to catch it now
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:22 PM
His dad's skin is so sensitive we can't change laundry soap so,I hope it's something like that. We almost went to a birthday party over the weekend but I was tired. But he was in school for 4 hours I hope he didn't get others sick. But so far his brother is fine.

Quoting Goldphish13: Seems like an allergic reaction. Pay close attention to what he comes in contact with to narrow down what caused it. It could get worse as he gets older or go away but either way its a good idea to try to catch it now
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)