Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of you ladies have issues with being intimate with your husband after he has cheated on you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I have not been able to enjoy intimacy with my husband after finding out he cheated on me, even they though we are going to counseling. He doesn't get why I am still not wanting to be intimate.
He didn't actually sleep with any one, he was caught logging on to dating sites. According to our counselor, that is still cheating!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:22 AM

It is still cheating.

And I personally couldn't forgive or forget.  I know myself too well.  I would drive myself and him crazy for eternity letting my imagination destroy everything in it's path.  Emotional cheating is almost worse... If it was just sex, I still couldn't forgive him, but at least I'd know he just couldn't control his dick.

Sorry honey, no advice here... I'd be gone.  But here's a bump.

3companytoo
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:24 AM

I haven't dealt with that but I'm sure I would have intimacy issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I lose all attraction after infidelity. Even after the anger wears off, the thought of them touching me is gross. The same as if it was a stranger, or someone you were physically repulsed by.
That's how I know that I, personally, can't get past cheating.
It's normal to feel the way you do!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:28 AM
Quoting CampHarris:

It is still cheating.

And I personally couldn't forgive or forget.  I know myself too well.  I would drive myself and him crazy for eternity letting my imagination destroy everything in it's path.  Emotional cheating is almost worse... If it was just sex, I still couldn't forgive him, but at least I'd know he just couldn't control his dick.

Sorry honey, no advice here... I'd be gone.  But here's a bump.

If things don't improve I will be gone, he is an ass who thought the grass would be greener with someone else. He has apologized many times but I have not really taken his apologies seriously.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:31 AM
Quoting Anonymous 2: I lose all attraction after infidelity. Even after the anger wears off, the thought of them touching me is gross. The same as if it was a stranger, or someone you were physically repulsed by.
That's how I know that I, personally, can't get past cheating.
It's normal to feel the way you do!

Thank you for validating my feelings, I just can not even hug or kiss him without feeling repulsed.
He is just expecting me to forgive and forget and I will not do that. If counseling doesn't work we will just go our separate ways.
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:32 AM

I completely agree with Anon2.  

I couldn't get around it.  Ever.

Quoting Anonymous 1:
Quoting Anonymous 2: I lose all attraction after infidelity. Even after the anger wears off, the thought of them touching me is gross. The same as if it was a stranger, or someone you were physically repulsed by. That's how I know that I, personally, can't get past cheating. It's normal to feel the way you do!
Thank you for validating my feelings, I just can not even hug or kiss him without feeling repulsed. He is just expecting me to forgive and forget and I will not do that. If counseling doesn't work we will just go our separate ways.

Color.me.Pink
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:33 AM
I couldn't stay with a cheater.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:37 AM
I am finding it hard to forgive. I will probably my never.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:40 AM

I couldn't do it. Sorry you're going through this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:40 AM
You have to ask yourself if you were actually happy before this happened. Do you really love him as a person?? Depending on those answers, you may be able to work through this in time. But it will take time.

If he's truly happy and "in love" with you(not just he loves you), he will give you all the time you need to process and work through this.

Hugs! There is no easy answer here.

Yes, I have been through this and never thought I could forgive and move on. We are still together and it's been almost 10 years ago. We still have our issues and I'm still "on guard" sometimes, but he has "earned" my trust again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)