Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Steamboat Springs, CO?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:03 AM
  • 4 Replies

My husband is doing a training race there (he's an Ironman athlete) in late June.  I was only there once - for about 2 hours - 35 years ago.

We're going to bring our youngest (college age) daughter along, but my question is - anyone have reccomendations of where to stay?  There appear to be many condo's, we''d like to have 2 bathrooms (20 year old daughter, lol), and 2 bedrooms. 

Do you have to drive everywhere?  Does parking suck?  Do we need air conditioning (lots of places there don't have it).  What's the weather like in late June?

Thanks for any help you can give!

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
chicklopez
by ItsFunnierInEnochian on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:13 AM

we stayed in a hotel when my brother had a baseball tourny there. it was fun as best as I can remember

chelseakeel38
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:06 AM
My husband grew up in steamboat. (I asked him your questions)

Weather its really nice,sunny, could be light showers.
You don't need air conditioning unless the weather is hot, it is Colorado. He said not necessarily its your comfort level.

The condos are more expensive they have heated garages under the condos, cameron says the rabbit ears motel is nice (not 5 star but nice)

From Lincoln st to strawberry hot springs (if you go) you may want to walk, site see, steam boat beautiful inbrace it.
Parking should be fine unless your going into tourist season.

The tap house sports bar off Lincoln he says is wonderful. (It is a bar though)
Double Z BBQ off Lincoln by the library.
Brooklyns pizza gives you a massive size slice for around 2bucks per person.
Some restaurants to keep in mind

Enjoy your stay!!!
Cameron uncle still lives up there. So we go when we can its just the 3 hour drive with a baby sucks!
Not_A_Native
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Quoting chelseakeel38: My husband grew up in steamboat. (I asked him your questions) Weather its really nice,sunny, could be light showers. You don't need air conditioning unless the weather is hot, it is Colorado. He said not necessarily its your comfort level. The condos are more expensive they have heated garages under the condos, cameron says the rabbit ears motel is nice (not 5 star but nice) From Lincoln st to strawberry hot springs (if you go) you may want to walk, site see, steam boat beautiful inbrace it. Parking should be fine unless your going into tourist season. The tap house sports bar off Lincoln he says is wonderful. (It is a bar though) Double Z BBQ off Lincoln by the library. Brooklyns pizza gives you a massive size slice for around 2bucks per person. Some restaurants to keep in mind Enjoy your stay!!! Cameron uncle still lives up there. So we go when we can its just the 3 hour drive with a baby sucks!

Thanks!  And thank your husband too!

Famousglm714
by Gina on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:47 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)