Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tacky or not???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: Post Card wedding invitations, tacky or not?

Options:

Yes

No

Other; explained in comments.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:10 AM
Depends on the people and the wedding.
We actually did e-invites. But it was just close family and friends.
petie1104
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:12 AM
I think those are nice. I could see them done I. A tacky way, but that seems nice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:12 AM

We are doing our whole families, but the post cards are cheaper than regular invites, and we are asking they RSVP by phone or e-mail.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Depends on the people and the wedding. We actually did e-invites. But it was just close family and friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:15 AM

That is not our invite, we are waiting to hear back as to if our date will work or not.  We are just getting ready to start the invites as soon as the date clears, but a post card is cheaper than mailing regular invites, so we were thinking of going this route.

Quoting petie1104: I think those are nice. I could see them done I. A tacky way, but that seems nice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:16 AM
I think it would be fine if done in a tasteful way and matches the style of wedding (not formal.) Anything goes nowadays.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

We are doing our whole families, but the post cards are cheaper than regular invites, and we are asking they RSVP by phone or e-mail.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Depends on the people and the wedding.
We actually did e-invites. But it was just close family and friends.

petie1104
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:17 AM
I like the style. I think it is unique and sweet. I did figure it wasn't yours because the date is 2012, but as long as you keep with a nice style like that, I think it would work well.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That is not our invite, we are waiting to hear back as to if our date will work or not.  We are just getting ready to start the invites as soon as the date clears, but a post card is cheaper than mailing regular invites, so we were thinking of going this route.

Quoting petie1104: I think those are nice. I could see them done I. A tacky way, but that seems nice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:18 AM
I think it depends on whether it's a small wedding or larger, more expensive wedding. I wouldn't say it's "tacky", but I would say it wouldn't go well for a $30,000 wedding.
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:18 AM
I think it's cute.
TurtleMami
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:18 AM
It looks too cheap to be a wedding invite, unless the wedding is in a small backyard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:18 AM

Our wedding is still going to be formal, the reception will be more relaxed though.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think it would be fine if done in a tasteful way and matches the style of wedding (not formal.) Anything goes nowadays.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: Depends on the people and the wedding. We actually did e-invites. But it was just close family and friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)