Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does it look?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies

Mobile Photo

My daughter decided to get a tattoo for her 23rd birthday. Which is cool, that is not the issue.

But when I saw it, I just thought it was not very good looking. Her friend apparently designed it. It is a "tribal cross". I've seen many beautiful tribal tattoos and just find this one kind of bleh. It reminds me of Tetris and Dominoes. I don't know if it is the friend's design or the tattoo artist wasn't that good that is making it so off putting.

Also, she got it on her forearm because she wanted it to be visible all the time so everyone could see it.

Of course it doesn't matter what I think. She's a grown woman and can do what she wants. Just wondering what your impressions on the tattoo is.

Some of her friends actually told her it was ugly. It covers her entire forearm. I hope she won't regret it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:43 AM
2 moms liked this
Yikes.

Um. I hope her employers doesn't mind.

And before anyone jumps my ass. I have tattoos. But as a cop lately they have this no visible tat policy. It has overtaken every agency. It has disqualified a lot of good military men and women from law enforcement.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:45 AM
Exactly!! She works in the medical field and I know for a fact you shouldn't have visible tattoos. But she wouldn't listen. She kept saying she didn't want it to be in a place that no one could see. She's not too adept in the art of subtly lol.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yikes.

And before anyone jumps my ass. I have tattoos. But as a cop lately they have this no visible tat policy. It has overtaken every agency. It has disqualified a lot of good military men and women from law enforcement.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Is this a nice one though...??? I may be an old fart and don't see the beauty...but I just see rectangles!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Awww, ok. Well she can put a long sleeve under Armour under her scrubs.

We have cops who have to wear long sleeves year round because of their tats.

If it becomes an issue she might have to keep it covered. Unfortunately tattoos are off putting to many

And t hats coming from someone with tattoos, who wants a new side tat!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Exactly!! She works in the medical field and I know for a fact you shouldn't have visible tattoos. But she wouldn't listen. She kept saying she didn't want it to be in a place that no one could see. She's not too adept in the art of subtly lol.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:51 AM
2 moms liked this

It looks stupid and is ugly as hell.

Color.me.Pink
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:56 AM
1 mom liked this
That is horrible looking.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:02 AM
Oh no. That's what I thought. She is so proud of it too. :/

Quoting Color.me.Pink: That is horrible looking.
Color.me.Pink
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:07 AM
:/

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh no. That's what I thought. She is so proud of it too. :/

Quoting Color.me.Pink: That is horrible looking.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:09 AM

It does not look very um professionally done. Looks messy

WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh that gonna be a tough cover up. The lines are terrible
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)