Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did your regular period return pp?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:19 AM
  • 7 Replies
Hey ladies, getting worried because I'm 7 month pp and no period yet. I'm exclusively breastfeeding, on demand mind you. So I know it can be delayed because of that.. But the other day my mother came out with "wow that's odd, you should take a pregnancy test!"

But it's not odd is it?? I think my mother only breastfed for a short time.. So maybe that's the difference?
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:22 AM

I got mine back after 7 weeks, but I've heard of mothers that exclusively breastfeed who don't get their periods back until their child is fully weaned.  Every woman's body is different, so everyone will have different experiences with this. If you want to reassure yourself, however, just take a pregnancy test.

JennPearce
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:25 AM

My last baby I EBF'd and got my period back at 10 months PP. With my first it was closer to a year and my second it was around 8 months because I stopped BFing when she was 7 months.

Kierston2014
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Good to hear! Thankyou, ill stop panicking about back to back pregnancy now ;) lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:05 AM
When I was ebf, I didn't get my period until around 8-9 months pp.
RheaF
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:33 AM
I am EBF, and my LO is 6 1/2 months. No period yet. I do get cramps once a month though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:41 AM
It's not abnormal, but I hope you're using some form of birth control. When your cycle returns you will ovulate and then menstruate, so it's quite possible to never have a period and get pregnant with another baby.
I went on BC at 8 weeks pp.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:43 AM
15 months with my first. It was regular from that first PP period.

My second it was 14 months, but irregular for over a year after that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)