Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who has been both a SAHM and Work outside the home mom?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've done both.  I've also worked from home and been a student.  The whole Vs. thing makes no sense to me.  How can I possibly be against myself? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
witzandglitz
by Queen Lollipop on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:36 AM
I have done both and see the pros and cons in each. I don't like to see the battle between the two. Both are worthy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:37 AM
I've done all three s well. Was a sahm, now a working mom while dh is a sahd, I'm also in school
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:39 AM
I have done both neither one is easy. When I was home I missed working. When I'm working I want to be home.lol
marney.p
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:39 AM

Done both. Both hard.    I think couples should just work as a team thats all. And that changes.

STVUstudent
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:39 AM

I have been a working mom, a student/working mom, a SAHM/student... being a SAHM did not work for me.  I was ready to slit my throat after 9 months of that.  For some people, it works great.  It is all about choices and what works best for you.

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:40 AM
I've done both. It doesn't work for our marriage for me to stay home. Dh wants a woman with a career and always has. In the years I stayed home he wasn't as interested in hearing about my day.
Eastcoastmom24
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:40 AM
I've done it all. Worked out of the house, worked from home and stay at home.

We are all mothers, who, for the majority, are trying to do what's best for our children.
The debate is tiresome.

Support each other.
Char-Bear
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:44 AM
I have done it all. Stayed home with our first (I didn't last long, started babysitting when she was 6 months); went back to working at a year; worked and went to school just before she started school; I now work at home and have since before my other two were born. DH and I have always worked different schedules so we've never really needed daycare.
Color.me.Pink
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:48 AM
I have!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:48 AM

I have done both.  When I worked DH was a SAHD, but I still had to come home and work because he didn't do much, just some.

I am now a SAHM, and now do everything at home and do not know how I would have time to leave for an entire day.  There is sooo much to do.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)