Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a paper/show wife AMA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 118 Replies
1 mom liked this
My husband and I have been "married" for almost 29 years. Most of those years were spent cheating on me. About 7 years ago I finally just gave up on him ever loving me and I told him how I felt. I asked him for a divorce. He told me that he does love me, but not in a way a man should love a wife. He loves me as the mother of his children only. He didn't want a divorce though because he wasn't sure how to tell his parents (they're very religious.) We made an agreement that for our family's sake, we'd stay married until our youngest turns 18 and then he'd work up the nerve to tell his parents.

So from then on, we basically just became friends with benefits. 4 years ago I started staying in GA during the year while school was in session to help my parents out and brought 2 of our children with me and we'd go back during the summer. This went on for 3 years, so this is the first year I haven't gone back to GA because I missed my husband. Nothing changed with him.

So now here I am today. As far as my children and his family are concerned, we're still happily married and have no thoughts of separating anytime soon. The only time he acts happy around me is around our kids and around holidays when we actually see his family.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rubixcubes
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:34 AM
4 moms liked this
This is one reason why the sanctity of marriage is soiled.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:35 AM

I think they definitely have their suspicions about "trouble in paradise". 

km1970
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Seems like a lot of wasted years keeping up appearances. It's your life and your marriage to do what you want. I would be miserable and couldn't do it. 

NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

This seems like a sad situation.

witzandglitz
by Queen Lollipop on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Your FWB needs to grow a pair and tell his parents so that you both can move on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:36 AM

Nothing to ask.

That is a lot of years of waste to someone who shows you no love.

mommykruse1018
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
If your unhappy why not leave? Who cares what his parents think! You only live once why be in this situation
bonberi
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:37 AM

Quoting NiamhWitch:

This seems like a sad situation.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:37 AM
4 moms liked this
You know, you were only given one life, right? And, said life is very short, right? Maybe it is time to make you happy? Before your entire life passes you by?
corticosteroid
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:38 AM
2 moms liked this

That's a heaping helping of horrible choices there...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)