Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hospital Care Package for 8 year old?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

The son of a friend of mine just had major surgery and will be in the hospital for approximately a month to allow rehabilitiation. He can receive care packages so I'd like to send a little something. I know a few people have already sent coloring and activity books.

I was thinking some sort of craft activity, but nothing too much because he still needs to fly home after all of this is over.

Anyone else have any other ideas? I don't know why I'm drawing such a blank.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:09 AM
I used to love latch hook kits as a kid. It's super easy but time consuming, and you get a really cool finished product.
Mad_Madam_Mim
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:10 AM

I've seen where people make quite books with a felt road and they can drive Hotwheels on it. Make different pieces of road so he can put them together and a few cars.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:11 AM
Not a craft, but my 8 year old loves puzzles and card games.
jd83
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

a travel Lego kit? I've seen a ton of those on Pinterest, where you glue a small base to a container filled with assorted Lego.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:13 AM

I love the Lego Kit that was mentioned. Perhaps purchase a small sturdy plastic bin, glue the lego base to the underside of the lid, fill the bin with assorted legos, and enclose a book of different Lego builds he can make with his set.

halleys_mommy_1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:14 AM
Anything lego or minecraft would be my guess
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WrongWayDiva
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:17 AM

There were these rubber band loom things that were insanely popular at Christmas time--about $10 at michaels and you can get all colors of rubber bands--like school colors and stuff to make bracelets with.   Easy to do and the kids loved them!   Chapter books are a great idea too---Harry Potter (if he is still popular?) or even superhero comic books are a great way to pass the time.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:24 AM
Oh I actually really love the idea of a lego kit. THANKS!!

Quoting jd83:

a travel Lego kit? I've seen a ton of those on Pinterest, where you glue a small base to a container filled with assorted Lego.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:26 AM
Yes, I love the idea!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I love the Lego Kit that was mentioned. Perhaps purchase a small sturdy plastic bin, glue the lego base to the underside of the lid, fill the bin with assorted legos, and enclose a book of different Lego builds he can make with his set.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:27 AM

So cute! You are so sweet for wanting to make his stay in the hospital more comfortable. <3

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes, I love the idea!
Quoting OwlNuggets:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)