Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how far do you think i am from labor *Update long*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Mobile Photo

At my last appointment last Thursday dr said i was 3cm dialated and 80% effaced.... been having irregular pains here and there. Had sex monday morning and bled light pink.. and today noticed more mucus than usual with light brown tint.. not sure if its the mucuos plug or just from sex yesterday.... im set to be induced Saturday morning... but doubtful ill make it that far.

Well.... had my last drs appointment thursday. He checked me and made me bleed... all he said was the babys head was right there. And send me on my way... friday morning around 4 started getting strong pains got up to pee... 30-40mins later got up to poop and couldnt handle the pain while using restroom. I cleaned myself and noticed blood. I knew it couldnt be from my appointment still. So i went to my room turned on the light amd had some more strong contractions closer together. I woke up my husband. Called my friend who lives down the street so she could watch my other kids for me. (we live 4 hours away from our families). Dropped my kids off and was on my way to the hospital by 530am. I got to the hospital and with pain and pressure they had me fill out paperwork and asked alot of questions!! How annoying couldnt they wait til after i had the baby lol. They finally let me change and checked me at that point i was already 10cm! It was like 630am. Contractions were getting too strong i was worried that i wasnt gonna be able to get the epidural and that i was going to feel everything. Which i knew i could handle because ive had 2 babies with epidural and 2 without it. But they told me that i could get the epidural cause my bag hadnt popped yet. So i got it lol and by 750 i started to push after my dr popped my bag. She was born at 7:53am weighing 6lbs 0oz 19 1/2 inches long. I did pretty good handling the pain and pushing. She also pooped inside me but shes healthy. She didnt want to wait to be induced lol so she came on her own.! We go home tomorrow sunday not sure what time. But heres a pic of us: )
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:28 AM
With my second I was 2 cm and 90% at 36 weeks. I had regular contractions for a few weeks. Globs of mucous.

I went into labor on 40w2d.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:41 AM
O wow so i guess i might make it til Saturday then

Quoting smorgan865: With my second I was 2 cm and 90% at 36 weeks. I had regular contractions for a few weeks. Globs of mucous.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:42 AM

I'd say day after tomorrow sounds about right.

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:44 AM

First?

Totally depends.... I've been 4 cm and no where near ready for labor before.

smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:45 AM
Maybe. Maybe not. You just can't ever tell.

You can go from 0 to full blown labor in a few hours. Or be "ready to go" for weeks.

Good luck, whenever it happens :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: O wow so i guess i might make it til Saturday then

Quoting smorgan865: With my second I was 2 cm and 90% at 36 weeks. I had regular contractions for a few weeks. Globs of mucous.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:45 AM
No way to know. I'm having three contractions a hour and I'm not dilated at all.
mary716
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:45 AM
I was the same as you for 3.5 weeks. And I bled like a light period for 2 days before I went into labor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:46 AM
Not sure. I went to my 40 wk appointment and was only a finger tip. Gave birth 6 days later.
brimar
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:47 AM
I was a finger tip and 80%effaced the day before I went into labor with my son
scottishmama
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:55 AM
With my second I was 3 cm for a good week and a half. As well as losing my mucus plug.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)