Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

orientation for college. Should I dress a certain way?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

next week is my half day orientation for college...its apparently a relaxed orientation... because it said family is welcome to attend...im assuming you can dress anyway you like. but I I dont want to go dressed in dress pants a nice shirt an a jacket... and then everyone else is in sweats or jeans.... and vice versa...

its been so long since ive been in school...

any suggestions...?? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:41 AM
Jeans will be fine.
kjsmama0206
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:42 AM
Jeans
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeanutsGma
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

So I take it you are not 18 right?

then a nice pair of slacks, or a skirt and blouse would be fine.

I think it's referred to here at the office as business casual, leave the jeans at home until you are really attending classes and even then, stick to age appropriate

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:45 AM

a cute belted dress and strappy sandals would fit in perfectly in a casual, semi-casual, or semi-formal event.

SerenitysKiss
by New York Breed on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:46 AM
Jeans and a nice shirt.
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Business casual. You don't need to be in full business attire, but leave the jeans and sweats at home. Khaki pants, a nice blouse, and a sweater would be good. It shows the professors that you are taking this seriously.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:48 AM

Be casual.  It's college.  Everyone will be in jeans or shorts and tshirts.  Absolutely no one will notice what you wear.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:48 AM
If I can remember that long ago lol. I was 18 and it was an overnight orientation because I lived in the dorms. I wore shorts and a t-shirt like the rest of the students. You could wear a casual summer dress with sandals.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:49 AM

Dress in business casual clothes. 

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you gone to college?  The professors are not part of orientation.  It's almost always run by students.  There is no reason to dress business-unless she wants to be uncomfortable.

Quoting lenashark:

Business casual. You don't need to be in full business attire, but leave the jeans and sweats at home. Khaki pants, a nice blouse, and a sweater would be good. It shows the professors that you are taking this seriously.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)