Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Daughter's Going To Have A Nasty Bruise In Her Birthday Photos

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:41 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this
We were over at my parents' house yesterday and the older kids were riding bikes in the driveway. My sister (11) and stepdaughter (9) bring Alice inside with her face cut and bruised. I ask Alice what happened and she says "Well, we were riding our bikes and racing down the driveway. I got going really fast and…did you know grandma has a big tree right in the middle of her yard?" I replied "Yes honey I know. I've got the scar to prove it."

Anyway my baby girl is seven today and she's got the bruises and scrapes to prove that she really does have my genetics. The biggest thing she's excited about is that turning 7 means she can enter show jumping competitions with my old teacher. She has been training hard since birth pretty much and she has been looking forward to it for years. I'm going to take her to register probably tomorrow. She's getting a new show riding outfit for her birthday.
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:09 PM
BUMP
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:15 PM

Ouch

jd83
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:18 PM

My youngest scraped up his face last year before his 2nd birthday, fell off his ride on toy flat on his face and scraped it up. Stinks when they do something like that right before an event you want pictures of.

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:45 PM
Ouch. Poor baby. My kids always manage to do something right before pictures. One year, my mother decided she wanted family pictures made. She made the appointment and a few days before I found out I was going to be adopting a baby. She decided to plan it for after the baby was born and my sister got pregnant so she put them off again. Finally she said we were taking the pictures and she didn't care who freaking got pregnant. Then we took the picture and I got pregnant right after. Now she just does pictures every Christmas.

Quoting jd83:

My youngest scraped up his face last year before his 2nd birthday, fell off his ride on toy flat on his face and scraped it up. Stinks when they do something like that right before an event you want pictures of.

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:46 PM
Yup

Quoting othermom:

Ouch

jd83
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:49 PM

LOL, that probably is easier for her, just to do them at the same time of year regardless of who's pregnant and who's not. Family pictures are enough of a nightmare in and of themselves, getting everyone coordinated.

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1: Ouch. Poor baby. My kids always manage to do something right before pictures. One year, my mother decided she wanted family pictures made. She made the appointment and a few days before I found out I was going to be adopting a baby. She decided to plan it for after the baby was born and my sister got pregnant so she put them off again. Finally she said we were taking the pictures and she didn't care who freaking got pregnant. Then we took the picture and I got pregnant right after. Now she just does pictures every Christmas.
Quoting jd83:

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:09 PM
Oh yeah they're a circus, trying to get everyone there around their schedules with kids. It's crazy. That is why she does it around Christmas when all of the kids and most of the adults around out of work/school. Now we are at the point where I am the only one of her kids still able to have children so the pressure is on me not to mess up her pictures, lol.

Quoting jd83:

LOL, that probably is easier for her, just to do them at the same time of year regardless of who's pregnant and who's not. Family pictures are enough of a nightmare in and of themselves, getting everyone coordinated.

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1: Ouch. Poor baby. My kids always manage to do something right before pictures. One year, my mother decided she wanted family pictures made. She made the appointment and a few days before I found out I was going to be adopting a baby. She decided to plan it for after the baby was born and my sister got pregnant so she put them off again. Finally she said we were taking the pictures and she didn't care who freaking got pregnant. Then we took the picture and I got pregnant right after. Now she just does pictures every Christmas.
Quoting jd83:

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:12 PM

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1: Yup
Quoting othermom:

Ouch

My older daughter gave her self a black eye right before her first birthday tripping over her high chair. When I was a kid I was hunting with my dad right before school pictures and was running around and he told me not to and of course I tripped on the rocks and hit my face and scraped up my face pretty good

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:28 PM
Ouch. I always managed to injure myself on school breaks. It became a joke with my teachers not to say "Have a safe/good Christmas/Thanksgiving/spring/summer/Labor Day/ect break to me because I would come back on crutches or with stitches.

Quoting othermom:

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1: Yup
Quoting othermom:

Ouch

My older daughter gave her self a black eye right before her first birthday tripping over her high chair. When I was a kid I was hunting with my dad right before school pictures and was running around and he told me not to and of course I tripped on the rocks and hit my face and scraped up my face pretty good

czazmommy
by MrsZ on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:32 PM
My ds ran into a tree at the park a few days before school pictures last year. He was chasing a ball & turned around to wave at daddy & ran face first right into it; I actually thought he knocked himself out he hit so hard. He split his bottom lip open & it swelled up HUGE- he was so worried he was going to look horrible for his pictures! Luckily we were able to get ice on it & it didn't look too bad by picture day...
Must be something with 7 year olds & trees- glad your dd is ok & happy birthday to her!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)