Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Normal? Overstepping?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
My ex and I have week on/week off schedule with ds. Last Thursday night I got a text from my ex saying ds didn't go to school Tuesday or Wednesday and we to the doctor for sinus and ear infection (he went to the doctor Tuesday and I should've been told about him going as it was happening or right after, per our CO). Also telling me he was on meds for it for another week and they treated him for lice too.
Ds was acting fine friday night and all day Saturday until dinner. He threw up a few times Saturday night (small amounts nothing major) and once Sunday early afternoon. All day Sunday he was pretty tired and slept a lot. Found out my sisters had a stomach bug (we were at moms friday night-saturday) so just let him rest, made sure he got plenty of fluids, no heavy foods or diary, etc.
Since ds couldn't stay up for long periods of time Sunday I decided it was best he stay home Monday to make sure no more throwing up, he rested, was able to stay awake and I didn't notice any other signs of anything being wrong. I planned on texting him Monday night to let him know he stayed home and why and let him know if he was or wasn't going tuesday and all that...
I got a call Monday from his teacher, first time she's ever called me, saying she knew ds wasn't feeling well last week and since he was out she wanted to check in and make sure he was okay. So I explained and she said she understood why I kept him home. A couple hours later I got a text from my ex asking if I took him to the doctor, I said no. He told me the teacher called him and told him what I'd said and he thought I was wrong for not taking him to be seen especially knowing he was sick the week before and demanded to talk to ds (second time in three years he's asked to talk to him on the phone while with me.)

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about the situation with the teacher, I kind of feel like she overstepped? And honestly, I'm kind of annoyed for some reason.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:32 AM
She did overstep and I'd be talking to her and the principal.
angl_gurl1
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:36 AM

she overstepped. there was no reason for her to call ur ex. if he didnt have a fever and wasnt throwing up anymore then there was no reason to take him to the dr.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:48 AM
I don't think it would do any good... His family is very friendly with the school staff at this school, actually his mom just started working there as well.
I thought I was comfortable with this teacher as she was new to this area and all so I figured it'd be easier than normal since they aren't all "buddy buddy" with her, see her at church, baseball games, etc outside of school. Guess not. I seriously can NOT wait for him to be in middle school so this shits over and I'll feel comfortable at his school and with his teachers :(

Quoting MichLW69: She did overstep and I'd be talking to her and the principal.
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:50 AM
Yeah, she overstepped. I'd be annoyed.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:52 AM
So what? She overstepped. If the principal doesn't resolve it, go to the Superintendant's office.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't think it would do any good... His family is very friendly with the school staff at this school, actually his mom just started working there as well.
I thought I was comfortable with this teacher as she was new to this area and all so I figured it'd be easier than normal since they aren't all "buddy buddy" with her, see her at church, baseball games, etc outside of school. Guess not. I seriously can NOT wait for him to be in middle school so this shits over and I'll feel comfortable at his school and with his teachers :(

Quoting MichLW69: She did overstep and I'd be talking to her and the principal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:53 AM
I didn't see any reason to take him unless he was still throwing up a lot by monday or showing symptoms of something more serious... There's not much they can do for a stomach bug except tell me keep him hydrated, rest, Tylenol if fever occurs, and all that... Everything we were already doing.
But they take him for everything, and of course *I* obviously have no idea how to take care of my child or follow the directions for his medicine without guidance from my ex who hardly sees him lol.

Quoting angl_gurl1:

she overstepped. there was no reason for her to call ur ex. if he didnt have a fever and wasnt throwing up anymore then there was no reason to take him to the dr.

Maevelyn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:57 AM

She has the right to talk to both parents and yeah, he probably should have  gone to the doctor if he's been that sick for that long. Ear infections can turn nasty really quickly. Also, he has the right to ask to speak to him, even if it's unusual. 

jd83
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Yes, she overstepped. And your ex is being ridiculous. There's no reason to waste a trip to the doctor over a stomach bug, unless he is dehydrated from it and can't keep fluids down at all, or it lasts for more than 3 days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:59 AM
Either the teacher called because she considers him a friend, or she's trying to get in his pants.
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:00 PM
She definitely overstepped
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)