Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm pregnant and want to abort, but he says no!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

I'm 20 years old and just found out I'm pregnant. I told the dad that I was pregnant, but aborting. He said he wanted to keep it and would take me to a lawyer and sign a paper saying he will not ask anything of me.

what should I do?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:53 AM
Be a grown up and decide for yourself.
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Well, you do what you feel is right. If you don't want to go through the pregnancy then abort it. If you want to hand it over to the dad, then carry and deliver it.

wcmsahm
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Take time to really think about it before making any sort of decision to abort. Consider giving him the chance to be a dad to his child. You may also change your mind on thoughts of being a mom...especially if he is willing to take the baby with 100% no responsibility on your end after giving birth. You can also carry the child to term and sign your rights away to him if you don't want the baby. But at least, be willing to think about it with an open mind.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Do what you want to do. Keep in mind that almost everywhere, you will be held liable for support even if he takes the child.
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:55 AM
I'd abort
Frances0923
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:55 AM

Abort and would have never told a single soul. Why would you tell the father if you were planing to abort anyway????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:56 AM
W.T.F.
goldpandora
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

It's your choice. Why did you decide to abort? That should factor in on your decision. Secondly, I'm not sure that such a paper would be legally binding. Finally, you have no guarantee that at the end of your pregnancy he would actually take the baby. Have you asked him how he would raise it? Does he have any idea what raising an infant would entail? Most people don't before they have a child ... Supposing he decided at the end of the first week that he didn't want to do it any more for whatever reason and brought it back to you to deal with...? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

It will be up to a judge, not him, not his lawyer if you pay child support and that could still change any time. In fact, if he gets on any type of welfare the state could come after you for support. So no, you cannot just give the baby to him and expect not to have any kind of responsibility towards regardless of what he says.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:57 AM
It's your body and your choice. Nobody has control over your medical decisions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)