Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I leave my dogs in the car and don't care who judges me!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

If I have the dogs and have to stop somewhere, I always just park in the shade and leave the car running with the ac on.  I have a hand written note for the driver's side that states "My dogs are fine, and the keys are in the ignition.  If you can get past them, you can have it...I wouldn't recommend trying though, as they are all trained to defend the car." and then I put a smiley face.

The German Shepard sits on the driver's seat, the Pit sits on the passenger seat and the other Pit and the Lab sit in the back seat.  I never leave them for long and they are very well trained and will not bark at people passing by.  

Now, if someone tried to actually open the car doors, the dogs are trained to stand their ground and protect their "property", they will defend and someone will get injured. I only leave the driver's side door unlocked and no one has ever messed with my vehicle.  Hot day or not, my dogs are perfectly fine in the air conditioned car.

With that said, I wouldn't hesitate to call the police or break a car window if I saw a dog in distress on a hot day. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:00 PM
Bump!
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:01 PM
There's no issue if the ac is on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:02 PM
Umm ok
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:02 PM
Sounds good to me
AthenaRadhaGaia
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:03 PM

As long as its not like four hours without u checking on them,they should be ok with ac. but becareful all that cold air could make them sick too

AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:04 PM
If the AC is on, I don't see a problem.
cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:04 PM

Why drive around with 4 dogs in the car?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:05 PM
That's not horrible. As long as they don't get hot, and its a quick run inside. We were at the zoo on Saturday and some one left their dog in the car, no keys in the car, in the sun, it was 80 out. We couldn't believe it and called the police. It was a big shaggy dog to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:05 PM
That's not horrible. As long as they don't get hot, and its a quick run inside. We were at the zoo on Saturday and some one left their dog in the car, no keys in the car, in the sun, it was 80 out. We couldn't believe it and called the police. It was a big shaggy dog to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:07 PM
Love your note. Reminds me of a gf of mine. She was always worried about ppl breaking into her house and trashing it looking for all valuables...
If you are breaking in, and you obviously are since you made it this far. She listed where everything of value was. Then she wrote in big letters. Do not let the car out, but if she accidentally gets out please lock her in the house on your way out and don't disturb her food and water bowl. Thank you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)