Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm disappointed in my daughter's choices

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
I raised her in a conservative home with church and traditional values. Don't get me wrong, she's done well for herself with a college degree and a job.

But she's 25 now. She stopped going to church as soon as she moved out for college. She drinks and parties every weekend. I know she's had sex with more than one guy and her boyfriend lives with her now.

I just feel like...grow up. Her father and I had 3 kids by her age. He was supporting a family of 5 as I was a sahm. Neither of us drink and bars/nightclubs wouldn't be somewhere we were caught dead.

It just hurts to see her reject how she was raised, and apparently I'm not allowed to have feelings on this (according to her) since she has a job and it's none of my business. It's just frustrating and it hurts.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Remy11
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:59 AM
Just realize she needs to follow her own path. Rebellion is apart of that. Just pray that you taught her well and she will get back on the right path.
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:00 PM

The only way my kids could disappoint me is if they grow up to be criminals, hurt people intentionally, or don't contribute to society in a positive way somehow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:01 PM
2 moms liked this
She's only 25. Just because you chose to be religious and settle down early doesn't mean that's the right path for anyone and everyone else.

And she's right, it is none of your business. I'd suggest not nagging before she starts to limit her contact with you.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:01 PM
6 moms liked this
These troll posts about the same shit are getting really old.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Get over it. Nothing you mentioned is that bad.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
She's too young to be tied down with 3 f'ing kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:01 PM
Wow. Just wow.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Not this again.

Its her life and she isn't doing anything wrong. Get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like sour grapes on your part...

Not everyone is ready and willing to be tied down with children at 25 and there is absolutely no reason she should want to. Your ideals are not hers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:03 PM
Meh. If she's still like this at 30... But 25 is too young to settle down and raise kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)