Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Written up at work

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
My manager wrote me up because I had to call in when my dd was sick and vomiting at daycare, turns out it was strep throat. This really bugs me... I'm never the type to call in unless I absolutely have to. I'm not sure what this is supposed to accomplish.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Did you have to sign it? If so, I wouldn't have signed it, unless that was the rule when I took the job. Sorry. Sounds like it's time to start searching for a new job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:13 PM
That was standard at my last job. It was how they documented the reason for your absence in your file.
tabicatinthehat
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:14 PM

Are there rules you have to follow? Was it last minute and the rule is you have to call in a certain amount of time ahead and find someone to cover? Not enough info.

CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:15 PM

Did you have to sign to it? I wouldn't have. What are the rules on calling in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:16 PM
If I refused to sign it would still go into my file, just with "employee refused to sign" checked on it. I'm planning a lot of big changes over the next year or so but right now I really need this job.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Did you have to sign it? If so, I wouldn't have signed it, unless that was the rule when I took the job. Sorry. Sounds like it's time to start searching for a new job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:17 PM
I can understand writing people up for negative behavior but having a sick child is not a choice. I don't understand her reasoning.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

idiot boss - that never helps to motivate people....I am a boss and i never write people up - i promote positive environment and everyone is dedicated and works hard...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:18 PM
It isn't at my job.

Quoting Anonymous 4: That was standard at my last job. It was how they documented the reason for your absence in your file.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:20 PM
Then it was a dick move. I'd do my job, smile pretty, and apply for every other job I could find. I hate working for an asshole.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It isn't at my job.

Quoting Anonymous 4: That was standard at my last job. It was how they documented the reason for your absence in your file.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:20 PM

What does your sick leave policy say about situations like this?

eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:21 PM
I've been at jobs that were write up happy. It's nasty. Tacky.
Sorry they f did that. Hope baby feels better soon. Hugs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)