Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What say you women about this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:32 PM
I cannot tell what is happening in that mess.
Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:32 PM
What happened before the cop did that?

Just curious, before I get jumped on by "does it matters"

Eta

Read the repot. 8 months pregnant, tazed, forced onto her stomach and cuffed. And officials say they were all reacting properly .. My opinion, no. It wasn't right. They over reacted and could have harmed that baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:34 PM
Not exactly sure but her boyfriend or husband was.getting arrested and she freaked out. She even told them she was pregnant and they still tased her

Quoting Kitsun: What happened before the cop did that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:34 PM
I think it matters.

MamaRae85
by *you're on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL I've been on this site for too long. My first thought was "Wow, a Best Buy. Surprised it didn't happen at Walmart."

I have no way of knowing what was going on before it happened. She was clearly struggling against him, but I don't know why, so I can't say if he was wrong for tasing(?) her or not.

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:40 PM
My gut reaction is one of disgust that a pregnant woman was treated like that. But without knowing the full context I'd have to withhold judgment.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:41 PM

If she was freaking out and possibly getting in the way of the arrest or getting violent, then I dont blame them. They did what they had to do. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Not exactly sure but her boyfriend or husband was.getting arrested and she freaked out. She even told them she was pregnant and they still tased her
Quoting Kitsun: What happened before the cop did that? Just curious, before I get jumped on by "does it matters"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:41 PM
Lmao right. IMHO other things could have happened instead of tasing her.

Quoting MamaRae85:

LOL I've been on this site for too long. My first thought was "Wow, a Best Buy. Surprised it didn't happen at Walmart."

I have no way of knowing what was going on before it happened. She was clearly struggling against him, but I don't know why, so I can't say if he was wrong for tasing(?) her or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:43 PM
I posted the news link too

Quoting Seagodess:

If she was freaking out and possibly getting in the way of the arrest or getting violent, then I dont blame them. They did what they had to do. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Not exactly sure but her boyfriend or husband was.getting arrested and she freaked out. She even told them she was pregnant and they still tased her

casah4
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends on the circumstances. I don't know enough to make a judgment on this particular situation.

I do think that if someone is a threat, the cops have to handle it, whether it's a pregnant woman or not. And if that's the only way to get the situation under control then so be it. She has the biggest responsibility to keep her baby out of harm's way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)