Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love you but you are not my child EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
This post may not make much sense but please bare with me.

My mom is in her 40s and she lives with my dad. My dad gets retirement from social security and soon he will also get his VA benefits. My mom won't even ask dad for anything that she needs, she waits til either myself or my brother comes down to ask to get pads, pop and more. When I came down, I told mom and dad i only had $60 to go back on(I have more money but I didn't want to spend all of it). Okay, so I had to go buy some food for my kids, mom went along and demanded at first to get pop. I started to respond then she asked, I told her if I don't have money to go home then I'm stuck here. She didn't give a shit, she put pop in the cart and we checked out. I didn't say anything because she acts like a 5 year old and I am not about to hear it.

I love my mom but why do I need to buy her things when she never bought me anything when I was a child. It was either my aunt or cousins. So when I got back I told dad can he give me money to get back home and he said he would definitely do that and that he doesn't understand why mom wont ask him but she will ask the kids. Dad asked for a lighter and since he's paying me back I did buy him that. Mom asked for pads and I looked at her and said what you wont ask dad when he would. She started whining ill bleed myself so I picked a $2 bag up and said that's it.

I'm so pissed because why should it be on me to support her?

Edit: Now, today I took my mom and dad to WalMart. She started looking at somethin and she wanted to say dad. She didn't say hey look or stop for a minute. My dad just gets what is needed then leave. So then she started her whining and I told her, "he is not mind reader. If you wanted to show him something then should of said something or grabbed the item and show him." So, we're in the pop section and she tells dad she wanted to show him something to benefit her. He asked her what it is and where is it located and she looked at him and said, " now I don't remember." I told him what it was, where its at and how much it is. He told her go get it and get you a puzzle book too. I looked at my mom and said, "was that to hard to ask dad for things?" He spent like $40sh on her, I think my mom does what she does to get attention.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:44 PM
7 moms liked this
Because you give into her whiny, childlike behavior.

Instead of repeating "No.", you went ahead and bought her the pop after telling her you couldn't.

When she started whining about bleeding, you went ahead and bought her what she wanted instead of saying "no, ask your husband."
kaysha
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:46 PM
Tell mom to grow up.
ranchmama21
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
You enable her behavior.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:50 PM

You chose to. You didn't have to.

Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Say it with me "NO" Just like a child if she puts it in the cart, take it out. Youre  enabling her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:52 PM
That's the thing you have no clue how she acts. I mean yes the pop benefit me too but I didn't have extra to buy that. I told her, "this is pissing me off when I told you no and you act more immature then my own kids." I told dad what happened and that's why hes giving me whatever I buy back tomorrow.

We are at dolls general to get a lighter and she asked, "can you buy me pads because I'm bleeding more then usual." I'm glad I don't bleed every month like other women does and I told her "I just don't have it because I have to go 256 miles to get home." Even though my car 🚗 has good gas mileage I still think she should not act like a kid.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Because you give into her whiny, childlike behavior.

Instead of repeating "No.", you went ahead and bought her the pop after telling her you couldn't.

When she started whining about bleeding, you went ahead and bought her what she wanted instead of saying "no, ask your husband."
jd83
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

You're giving in everytime she asks, so she's going to continue doing it. If you want her to stop, you're going to have to start saying no and sticking to it. Even if it makes her whine like a child. She's an adult. She has a husband who can support her and buy her those things.

kitcal78
by BaconLover on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

No it isn't your job to support her. STOP giving into her.

mrsmamab
by Lacye on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this

She does it because you always give in when she acts like that. If it had been me, she wouldn't have gotten the soda and she would have bleed all over the carpet for all I cared. I don't mind doing things for people, but not when they are acting worse than my 2 year old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Thank God I have a normal, adult, loving, functioning mother! The people in this group absolutely blow me away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)