Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter is so mad at me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
She was coming over for dinner with her husband on Sunday. She called to confirm and said she had something exciting to tell me. She's 33, her husband is 36.

I'm dying to be a grandma. She's my only because I had secondary infertility. Anyway I was sure it was a pregnancy announcement. At dinner she told me that she got accepted to do her MBA at Stanford.

Obviously I'm thrilled for her but it wasn't what I was expecting and I looked disappointed and said that was nice but not as enthusiastically as she'd have liked apparently. She asked me what was wrong and I said I was hoping it was a baby. She got all angry and said "right, who cares about any other accomplishments? As long as I can get knocked up like an idiot 13 year old could, nothing else matters" and they left a few minutes later.

I tried to apologize over the phone and said I was sorry about not being more excited, I'm just dying to be a grandma and she hung up when I said that. I don't feel I should have to apologize for being excited about the possibility. I don't feel she understands my side at all, and if she wants kids as she says she does, she's not getting any younger.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:55 PM
O.o I'd be pissed too...ever thought that maybe they don't want kids?
hart57
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this
She has time for kids. Maybe send her a gift basket full of go-back-too school items. Sign the card congrats to your success, when do have children you will be a wonderful remodel. Or something like that.
Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:57 PM
2 moms liked this

This has been posted before. Almost word for word

cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Way to support your daughter,  let her enjoy her life without kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:57 PM

I can understand your disappointment but I can also understand her anger. I'm sorry.

eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:10 PM
I like this idea.
Good luck

Quoting hart57: She has time for kids. Maybe send her a gift basket full of go-back-too school items. Sign the card congrats to your success, when do have children you will be a wonderful remodel. Or something like that.
morgiefae
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:13 PM

Congratulations to your daughter! That is an awesome accomplishment! :D

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:14 PM
Be patient mom. When they're ready it will happen. She's just doing what she has to for herself, nothing wrong with that. With her schooling be prepared if they decide not to have children as well. It could go either way. I hope you guys can work this out.
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:16 PM

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

This has been posted before. Almost word for word

amj616
by AngelaMarie on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:16 PM
Or maybe she has tried for a baby and nothing is happening....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)