Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wait, you want me to do WHAT?! Nope! f*** no

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:58 PM
  • 66 Replies
I received a call today from an acquaintance.
She's a daycare provider. We aren't friends, we are cordial enough to speak and be social but I don't know her that well.
She asked me to pick up the three kids she watches from the bus stop because saw use she is on her way back from a trip and she doesn't know if she will be back in time.

What?
I don't know these kids, they don't know me. I would be furious if someone I trusted with my kids had a stranger pick them up.

I told her No, that I wasn't comfortable with that.
She got mad and told me never to ask her for a favor. Lol. Was I wrong?
As a parent, I wouldn't do something like that.
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:01 PM
No I wouldn't do it either and I would be beyond mad if someone I trusted with my kids passed them off to a stranger.
kbntaej
by Josephine on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:01 PM
3 moms liked this
Would I be comfortable doing that? Hell no. I would also be furious if I was a parent of one of those kids. However, I would've helped bc I wouldn't want the kids to be stranded.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:03 PM
Ummm my son's bus driver won't let the kids off unless there's a note sent in stating who's at the stop or the child has to know the person.
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:04 PM
3 moms liked this
She should call someone that the kids trust... like their mother.
Shit or their dad or another family member can pick them up. I'm not her only option.

What if I got there and the kids scream bloody murder at the creepy lady they don't know who is trying to get them in her car? What if a concerned citizen comes to their aid and calls the police on me? Nope.
No Thank you.

Quoting kbntaej: Would I be comfortable doing that? Hell no. I would also be furious if I was a parent of one of those kids. However, I would've helped bc I wouldn't want the kids to be stranded.
ejkdmom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this
No. But I'd stick around the bus stop to make sure nothing happened to the kids and call the police to report her.

Those parents need to know what she is doing. Although, she will probably make it back in time now! Let us know.
EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:06 PM

No-you are entirely correct.

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:06 PM
That's what I told her. What if that was the rule here?
I'm not putting myself in that position to find out.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ummm my son's bus driver won't let the kids off unless there's a note sent in stating who's at the stop or the child has to know the person.
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:07 PM
Yea that wouldn't happen. And I would be pissed at the baby sitter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:08 PM

I wouldn't do it either.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:08 PM

I would be furious!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)