Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

noo! i feel like I'm about to ruin ds' summer blast

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Ds wanted a sleep over on Friday but my sister came down. So i said Tuesday night... i got everything ready.

but then my dad calls. My grandpa is in the hospital, his cancer spread and the doctors said he might have 3 months. My dad is going there tomorrow. I'm taking him to the airport at 4:30am... which means either no sleep over or leaving the kids for an hour during the night- which I'm not comfortable with.

I'm half tempted to ask if the other mom can host the sleep over and I'll give her everything i just bought (pizzas, drinks, redbox movies and games, etc), even let ds take his Xbox over since they only have a ps3 and the redbox game are for the Xbox.

Is that ok? To suggest she host it? How can i nicely suggest that? In the year and a half the kids have been friends, the sleep overs have always been hosted by me.

I just don't want to ruin their night- all of them are excited... but i don't see any other option. Either cancel it, have her host it or leave them at home (which again, I'm not comfortable with).
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaysha
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Talk to the mom and explain. I don't see why she would refuse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:33 PM
Why has she never hosted a sleep over?
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:58 PM

How old are the kids? I would talk to her and go from there.

ermka
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:00 PM
Talk to her and explain the situation. I'm sure she'll understand. Is there anyone else to take your dad to the airport? How old are the kids?
mommabuck7
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

how old are they? take them with you! they might think its fun to leave the house in the middle of the night, make it an adventure.. take them somewhere thats open 24 hours after like waffle house or ihop!

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:08 PM
Now old are they
bigmouthbabe
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:10 PM
See if someone can come watch the house while you take dad to the airport.
bigmouthbabe
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:11 PM
This is a great idea.

Quoting mommabuck7:

how old are they? take them with you! they might think its fun to leave the house in the middle of the night, make it an adventure.. take them somewhere thats open 24 hours after like waffle house or ihop!

rebeccasmommy09
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:11 PM
Depends on the age but I would talk to the mom, explain the situation and possible solutions then you can agree on the best one for everyone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:13 PM
My son is 9. The others are 10 and 8. Ds- i trust alone. the 10 year old- i could see him handling being by himself and being ok. The 8 year old- i couldn't trust him.

All 3 of them together, i can't trust them, not even if it was ds and the 10 year old together.

I texted her but waiting on a reply.

Quoting sarah824:

How old are the kids? I would talk to her and go from there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)