Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why don't you cover your head?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this
I know I know another breastfeeding post but ffs I just got bitched at at the pool. We were sitting at our towels and dd was hungry so I just put her on, no big deal until this woman walks by and tells me I'm disgusting and I need to cover up.....really? It's 97 friggen degrees, why don't you sit with a blanket over you and see how long you are comfortable for.

All I did was smile at her and point out the group of women in thong bikinis by the child's pool
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LCJan21
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:33 PM
This is going to be me later today. We're taking ds1 swimming, and I'm sure ds2 will want to eat while we're there. He's only 5 weeks. I'm not walking up 3 flights of stairs at my sister's apartment with a screaming baby. We'll see what happens. People are ridiculous.
CoffeeKrazed
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell her the kids broke your give a damn. HaHa
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:37 PM
Lol

Quoting CoffeeKrazed: Tell her the kids broke your give a damn. HaHa
desiivy
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:41 PM
I will never be ok with this, period. So tired of everyone in the fucking world caring how I or I did feed my children in public. I don't care how you feed your kid, or where you feed your kid. Why do people think this is ok to do now?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:44 PM
Because social media blows this shit up now....no one confronted me when I had my ds but now if I'm in public I have people staring, my dh caught someone trying to take a picture of me at a carnival on saturday.

Quoting desiivy: I will never be ok with this, period. So tired of everyone in the fucking world caring how I or I did feed my children in public. I don't care how you feed your kid, or where you feed your kid. Why do people think this is ok to do now?
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:45 PM
I feel lucky that in almost 6 years of breastfeeding (combined) that I have only ever run into ONE person who had something to say about it. And then he wasn't even brave enough to say it to my face. He talked about my child and I behind my back and thought I couldn't hear.
I wish I could go back and tell that jerk something, but I was a new mom at the time, and really did hurt my feelings :-(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:48 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:50 PM

I always kind of got a kick out of people throwing fits about me nursing my daughter in public. They'd always get a smartass response from me. I'm within my legal rights, minding my own business, idgaf what you think. I even bought one of those crochet hats that looks like a boob. She still loves that hat :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:51 PM

Some people are assholes:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:52 PM
It's not hard to over with a super light blanket.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)