Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My weight loss secrets...

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:04 PM
  • 28 Replies
2 moms liked this

A rainbow penguin comes to my house every night and carries my fat away. There, the secret is out

I have lost 36lbs in the last 9 weeks. Everyone I know is constantly "Oh my God, what are your secrets?!" THERE ARE NO SECRETS!

I work my ass off 5 days a week. I dont eat crap anymore and I now care about my health. 

Please do not get me wrong. I dont mind telling people what I am doing differently. It just bothers me because something like this takes work and dedication. It is not easy nor is it quick. For some it is even harder than others.

Sorry I guess that was my rant for the day. 

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I've lost 5 pounds just by changing my breakfast from a bagel and cream cheese to a soy shake and a Greek yogurt. In just 2 weeks, it's not a ton of weight but it's something and it'll just keep coming off.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:09 PM
I lost 100 pound years ago & about half the people thought I had surgery & the other half thought I was on drugs. I actually had someone ask me about my supposed surgery last year & I was like I wouldn't be fat again if I had surgery! Anyway, it really is a lifestyle change. Good luck! :)
Charizma77
by Carissa on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
It didn't used to be hard work for me and now it is and I'm working on it and well.. This post kind of made my day! Thanks!
Nunyabeesnuss
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:10 PM

I want to know what workout are you doing five days a week and also how many calories? Please and thank you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:11 PM
3 moms liked this
I've lost 143 pounds the last 8 months. I got divorced changed my eating habits and I walk a lot.
mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
People just want to believe that it's out of their control, when it's mostly in their control. Also, eating healthy is tough. My sons teacher asked me what I was doing to lose weight and I told her I'm eating low carb, because that's true and my body responds to that.
brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I mix it up a lot. I am doing Zumba, strength training, and interval training on the tread mill mostly. I do at least one hour a day. Calories change monthly 1300-1500. Right now I am doing 1300. My bil is a trainer. I have 93 more pounds to go. I am not even near where I am trying to be

Quoting Nunyabeesnuss:

I want to know what workout are you doing five days a week and also how many calories? Please and thank you.

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:19 PM
I lost 22 lbs. on the Fast Metabolism Diet plan. It's simply clean eating, so no big secrets there. I have about 10 more pounds to go. DH lost 26 lbs.
We're planning on following a Mediterranean diet to maintain our weight once we're done with this diet.
bigmouthbabe
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:19 PM
I have good genes. I don't have to work hard.

Eat naked. Best advice I have for people that struggle.
brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:19 PM

I think I lost a lot of mine from being low carb. I have pcos and insulin resistant from it. People dont seem to understand that all of those carbs break down into sugar. 

Quoting mes_deux_amours: People just want to believe that it's out of their control, when it's mostly in their control. Also, eating healthy is tough. My sons teacher asked me what I was doing to lose weight and I told her I'm eating low carb, because that's true and my body responds to that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)