Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Violation of CO?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My custody order states that ds must be picked up and dropped off to school by "someone he is familiar with" I have been looking for a job but its hard to find anything that works with that schedule especially since its on the opposite side of town. I'm not going to ask my grandpa to play driver for my child, everyone else works and/or has their own child to get off the bus or from activities and this school has no before or after school programs.
I know they were discussing trying to have YMCA transportation to the after school program there but not sure if it went through, I'd have to check. I was considering looking into that... BUT It technically violates the order?
I emailed my attorney to ask him his opinion on how to handle this, I really can't afford to pay to go fight this in court, but idk how long he is going to take to get back to me because he's in court all week.
Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:19 PM
I would go ahead and make the transportation arrangements and file for a modification. I can't see a judge holding you in contempt for something so frivolous. What else are you supposed to do? Many children use the YMCA before and after care program.
aheasley
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:24 PM
If you decide to use the y then take him up there a few time to meet and get to know the people who will be driving. If he knows who they are you will not be in violation of the co.
Malissa1578
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:25 PM

I agree with this. 

Quoting owl0210: I would go ahead and make the transportation arrangements and file for a modification. I can't see a judge holding you in contempt for something so frivolous. What else are you supposed to do? Many children use the YMCA before and after care program.

Malissa

My artwork. 

"When you put faith, hope and love together, you can raise positive kids in a negative world."  Zig Ziglar

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:26 PM
School is over in a week but wanted to look into it next year, I didn't want to get a job now then in august have to quit. I can't afford the cost of a modification right now :( hoping By end of summer I'll have found a way to save up enough... I know ex will fight me about it, if not take me back to court to try to get primary custody, and my attorney wants $5k upfront

Quoting owl0210: I would go ahead and make the transportation arrangements and file for a modification. I can't see a judge holding you in contempt for something so frivolous. What else are you supposed to do? Many children use the YMCA before and after care program.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:28 PM
I'm going to go talk to them this weekend with dh about membership and after school for 2 of the kids (one of ours starts prek in august) and find out about some other stuff. I'm not even 100% sure they service his school... But I'm hoping maybe the drivers do some of the summer programs we are looking at so he can go and be around them, I know it'll still be a battle with my ex but not as bad

Quoting aheasley: If you decide to use the y then take him up there a few time to meet and get to know the people who will be driving. If he knows who they are you will not be in violation of the co.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:29 PM
You can file a modification without an attorney. Either download the forms off of your courthouse's website or go in person and fill them out. It's a simple request for a modification and not a complex legal issue that will require an attorney.

Quoting Anonymous 1: School is over in a week but wanted to look into it next year, I didn't want to get a job now then in august have to quit. I can't afford the cost of a modification right now :( hoping By end of summer I'll have found a way to save up enough... I know ex will fight me about it, if not take me back to court to try to get primary custody, and my attorney wants $5k upfront

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Introduce him to the YMCA workers and make him familiar with them.  Then, make arrangments and notify the court as to your plans and see if you need to file any modifications.  I really don't see the issue.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:37 PM
I don't see any issue honestly. If it is a daycare/afterschool program then transportation through them would be expected. When my kids were in daycare, their teachers took them to and from school.

I think if your ex took you to court over that I would countersue for legal costs. It is a waste of courts time and resources.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:44 PM
I have never heard of that in a custody order before. Technically, after he has met them a few times, he is familiar with then
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:51 PM
My ex is going to fight me on modifying it... If he doesn't try to take me to court for primary which I think would be pointless but he'd try..

Quoting owl0210: You can file a modification without an attorney. Either download the forms off of your courthouse's website or go in person and fill them out. It's a simple request for a modification and not a complex legal issue that will require an attorney.

Quoting Anonymous 1: School is over in a week but wanted to look into it next year, I didn't want to get a job now then in august have to quit. I can't afford the cost of a modification right now :( hoping By end of summer I'll have found a way to save up enough... I know ex will fight me about it, if not take me back to court to try to get primary custody, and my attorney wants $5k upfront

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)