Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is he avoiding me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I had a good friend, we would hang out atleast once a month. We used to have sex then decided the chemisty wasn't there and continued as buddies for a year. To be fair, I've had an unnoticable crush on him, and the last time we hung out for a night (in Febuary) things got heavy and I called it off, after he said he wasn't interested a year ago, I've shut off those feelings for him. I have more self respect than to be a warm body for a few hours, and I missed being able to sleep in the same bed as him without sexual tension involved. 

He's also not an average man, he's a woman trapped in a man's body, but decided not to transition because he didn't want to risk being a social leper. He's transformed into someone who exagerates his masculinity. 

He lost his high paying tech job, and has been looking for a new one. We haven't spent a night together since Febuary. When we go to events, he's super enthusiastic to see me, but we haven't had one on one time together. Whenever I text him, it's a hit or a miss on whether he'll respond. 

I told him that I'm sorry he's so busy job searching that he can't find 30 seconds to text me back, or a few hours to hang out. Haven't heard back yet. 

I'm wondering if I should chalk this friendship up to a loss, or still try, but I don't feel like it should be one-sided. I miss having a male friend to go do active things with, like climb mt. washington, or go to the beach for a run way too late at night, or play board games. I miss having intelligent conversations with an intelligent person that I can also get stupid with. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:39 PM

BUMP!

CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:41 PM
Let it go. Let him be the one to contact you.
Maevelyn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:42 PM

yeah this probably isn't the best friendship ever. He sounds very self centered. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:48 PM
Don't push. Back off. If he wants to continue a friend ship and you're fine with the way he treats you then go for it. Otherwise get indifferent.
Make another friend
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)