Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not your choice, MIL!! **Update ***BABY IS HERE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 210 Replies
17 moms liked this
I'm 42 weeks pregnant. I'm going to deliver at home and I will not be induced without a medical reason. MIL is pissed. She's called several times asking when I'm going to be induced, when I'm going to do the 'smart thing' and deliver at the hospital. She came over today under the guise of bringing food and gave me a lecture on how stupid/selfish/irresponsible/etc I am for not having forced my baby to come yet, for not scheduled a C-section, for not having an obstetrician, blah blah blah.

**Update
My water broke and I'm contracting regularly. Midwife is on her way here, and baby will be here soon I'm sure :) I knew he was on his way!

Just wanted to let you ladies know real quick: Baby boy Justin Alexander was born at 0017, so at 42w3d, weighing 8lbs 1oz, 20", with Apgar scores of 8 and 10. He's nursing like a champ and it was a nice, easy delivery.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angl_gurl1
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:04 PM

tell her its not her baby, its not her choice and to shut up

TediLee
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:05 PM
I'm on her side if you're 42 weeks along that's past the safe stage but only for that reason. Oh and if you're hating on you're mil now remember when your kid in law treats you so bad what goes around comes around.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm perfectly healthy and have NST's that are also perfect. So you are just as wrong as she is.

My mil has always been a witch. I don't plan to be nasty to my kids in law.

Quoting TediLee: I'm on her side if you're 42 weeks along that's past the safe stage but only for that reason. Oh and if you're hating on you're mil now remember when your kid in law treats you so bad what goes around comes around.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:06 PM
I did, and then told her to get out and take her casserole with her. She didn't like that, but I was tired of listening to her uneducated ranting.

Quoting angl_gurl1:

tell her its not her baby, its not her choice and to shut up

ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:06 PM
43-45 weeks is considered 'dangerous.'

Quoting TediLee: I'm on her side if you're 42 weeks along that's past the safe stage but only for that reason. Oh and if you're hating on you're mil now remember when your kid in law treats you so bad what goes around comes around.
hart57
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:07 PM
At 42 weeks I would be concerned too. Concern comes from love.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly. I'm 42w2d and honestly think baby will come today or tomorrow, I just 'feel' labor coming on. I knew with my first two kids as well, so I trust myself :)

Quoting ResidentRedhead: 43-45 weeks is considered 'dangerous.'

petitekatie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
As long as the baby isn't in distress and you are both healthy, I see no reason to go to the hospital. As long as you're being responsible and monitoring the baby, you'll be fine. Also EDD can be off by quite a bit. I see no reason to worry.
MilkLover0203
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:08 PM
10 moms liked this
What kind of casserole?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:08 PM

The only thing I would worry about is it has been shown that after 42 weeks, the placenta starts to 'die' in a way.  It starts to not work the way it should and nourish the baby.  Also, ( and this is because I had a difficult labor) I would worry about what if something happen, baby can't handle the labor, cord gets wrapped around the neck, or if you needed an ER C-section, you won't be able to have the held you need.

It sounds like she's scared for you and the baby.  And it sounds like you are digging your heels in to have your way no matter what. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)