Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you announce your pregnancy?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:38 PM
  • 30 Replies
With our first I announced as soon as I had my first ultrasound but with this one I think I'll have to wait much longer. My older sister is now pregnant with her first (due exactly ONE WEEK before me) and because she has had some fertility issues I am not planning on telling her (or anyone else) until she is more in the clear ... I feel sad because I don't really have anyone else to share this info with but I have to respect I already got my turn and now it's her time ... I wonder how she's going to feel when she finds out our due dates are so close together though... We were definitely trying but didn't think it would happen the very first month lol. We actually had put off trying all of last year so my sister would have a chance to conceive first so I think it's pretty ironic it happened this year on the same month as her
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:41 PM

we waited till 13 weeks

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:42 PM

With all mine I tell my four close friends right away. They have been there and helped me through four miscarriages. With immediate family we tell around 9/10 weeks and everyone else after 12 weeks. Not really anything to tell. One look and you know I'm pregnant. Most already knew because my FIl and MIL would say something.

wcmsahm
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:43 PM

First pregnancy: We were 3 months along before telling anyone. We announced it at Christmas by giving small boxes with baby food inside as gifts to our parents and siblings. Each box had a paper that had the due date on it. 

Second pregnancy: We were 2 months along. We announced it around my dad's bday. Gave him a card that said, "The Grandfather Part II". Did the same for my FIL, but we were able to play it up like a thank you card cause he had just helped DH fix our car.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:43 PM
Until after 20 weeks except really close family and friends.
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:44 PM
With my first we just told everyone after my first appointment at 12 weeks.

With our second we took a picture of our dd holding a sign that said "only child expiring Feb 2015" and we announced at about 12-13 weeks. I can't remember exactly.
lizzie_ann
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:44 PM
Early on, as soon as we found out.
blondieinva80
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:44 PM
My sister announced it for me after I found out I was further along then what I thought I was
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:45 PM
We told inlaws when I was about 22 weeks pregnant, I didn't tell my mom until I was eight months along and we announced it on FB, when I was 33 weeks pregnant.

This time around we told inlaws when I was 18 weeks along, my mom soon after and I told my BFF as soon as I knew. Otherwise, we are waiting to announce it on FB. So only people that know are family and a few close friends. But now at 24 weeks, its getting harder to disguise.
WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:46 PM

I was about 13 weeks along, when we announced that I was pregnant with both of my kids.

Hippiemama424
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:47 PM
If I get pregnant again, I will wait until the first ultrasound, so around 10 weeks. I had a miscarriage last year and we had already told everyone right when we found out, it was just to painful to have to tell everyone we lost the baby at 8 weeks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)