Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Micromanaging control freak (longish)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

My SM is super controlling. She tries to dictate every aspect of your life. It is one of the many reasons I have very little to do with her. Ever since my SB was born she said he would go to LSU, as that's where she attended. She tried to micromanage everything he did growing up. He just graduated, and he has been accepted to Yale. His mother has not shut her trap about it since. Keeps going on and on about him not going to the "family" school. Now my SB is usually pretty easy going, but he snapped over the weekend during a BBQ we were having for him when she just wouldn't stop talking about what he should be doing, or what he needed to do, or how getting into Yale was "nice" but LSU would have been better. He finally just couldn't take her nonstop commentary anymore and snapped. Told her that its not the "family" school if she's the only one who went to it, and she had to stop being such a control freak and to stop trying to micromanage every part of his life.

When no one came to her defense, (because frankly, its true) she threw a fit, kicked everyone out, and screamed "you're dead to me" at my SB. Now she called me crying that he won't answer her phone calls. She will tell anyone who will listen she isn't sure what she did that was so wrong.

My SB called me to apologize for his outburst. He's not sorry he said it since that's been bottled up for years, but he's sorry he ruined the BBQ. He told me his mom keeps calling and leaving him really long voicemails. He's at his dads house, he plans to spend the summer there, then leave for school. He just can't put up with her anymore.

Honestly, I don't blame him for his outburst. She's been so critical and demanding of him for all his life, I'm surprised it took this long to snap. No one is upset with him, and that's making SM freak out more, she refuses to apologize to him or any of the guests. I guess I just see it as she heard the truth and is now freaking out no one is kissing her ass and telling her he was wrong. Maybe it's just me, but the only thing "wrong" I saw was he did it in front of others, but when your patience is gone, it's gone.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:42 PM
Sadly, she most likely will never acknowledge her issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:44 PM
Wow. That sucks:(. I wish every parent could be proud of their kids, whether they are heading to Yale or training to be a local garbage man. It sucks that your SM doesn't believe that.

It was wonderful he called and apologized to you. He sounds like a kid with moral values and character. That alone should make his mother proud. How sad that it isn't enough :(
TraceEvidence
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:45 PM
I can't blame him.

im actually wearing a LSU shirt right now lol
angl_gurl1
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:45 PM

he didnt do anything wrong, she had it coming

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:50 PM
She deserves what she gets. Maybe eventually she will understand what she has been doing isn't right. Congrats to your sb tho. Yale is nothing to sneeze at!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:00 PM

I know right? He got into Yale, that should be celebrated, not belittled.

Quoting Anonymous 4: She deserves what she gets. Maybe eventually she will understand what she has been doing isn't right. Congrats to your sb tho. Yale is nothing to sneeze at!!

StarLight23
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Wow.. I don't blame him for the outburst!

SB... is that Step Brother? I know most of my internet lingo!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:19 PM

Yes it is :)

Quoting StarLight23:

StarLight23
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:25 PM

Ah okay. I wasn't sure. I know all the other ones though..

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Yes it is :)

Quoting StarLight23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)