Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's 16!!!! Hell no I'm not upset!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 394 Replies
13 moms liked this
My sister is 16. She has a 7 month old baby girl and announced 4 weeks ago that she was pregnant again. Today, she came home crying from the doctors saying she had lost the baby. My parents started crying with her. I just rolled my eyes (not where she could see). I said all the right stuff to her, then sent her to bed so she could get some rest. My parents were still carrying on like the world was over. They asked me why I wasn't crying. I said because this is a good thing! She can't take care of the kid she already has, she sure as hell doesn't need another one! They acted like I had grown another head. They asked me if I wanted to come to the memorial.
Really? That's just over the top ridiculous. It stopped growing at barely 6 weeks.

Add: My sister was 15 when she got pregnant with her daughter. She didn't know who the father was, needed a DNA test to figure that out. She also has herpes. She did not know who the father of this pregnancy was. I feel bad that she's hurting and wish she wasn't, but I'm not upset that she miscarried. She's barely taking care of her daughter as it is. She's failing most of her classes in school. She doesn't work. My parents are enabling this. So yeah. It's a blessing that this happened rather than another baby being born into this mess.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:52 PM
17 moms liked this
I have to agree. A 16 yo doesn't need TWO kids.
petie1104
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:53 PM
6 moms liked this
Yeah, I would be sad for her, yet secretly happy and relieved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Obviously there are a lot of issues with my parents, but I hate how they endorse this. My sister is going to have to fight to have any kind of good life as it is, she couldn't handle two kids. She struggles hard with the one she does have.

Quoting KairisMama: I have to agree. A 16 yo doesn't need TWO kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:54 PM
I am sad for my sister, and for more than just having lost this pregnancy.

Quoting petie1104: Yeah, I would be sad for her, yet secretly happy and relieved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:57 PM
3 moms liked this
I had my daughter at 16. I knew better then to get pregnant again. How could a 16 year old have 2 children. I know I had my daughter but I took every step possible to ensure I wouldn't end up pregnant again. She knew better. I honestly would feel the same way as you. I wouldn't be upset instead I'd feel happy for her. It's a blessing in disguise.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:58 PM
10 moms liked this

a life was lost..

I would seek therapy if you can not be empathic to someone who feels they lost a child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:59 PM
25 moms liked this
Oh please.
She was barely pregnant.
I'm more concerned about my sister and the baby she's actually already had, that she can't care for. It would have been even worse than things already are if she'd actually had another baby.
I do feel bad for her that she is so hurt, but mostly I'm just relieved that she didn't screw up her life more, or her child's life.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

a life was lost..

I would seek therapy if you can not be empathic to someone who feels they lost a child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:00 PM
It really is and I hope some day she realizes that. I also really hope she learns her damn lesson and stops getting knocked up!

Quoting Anonymous 2: I had my daughter at 16. I knew better then to get pregnant again. How could a 16 year old have 2 children. I know I had my daughter but I took every step possible to ensure I wouldn't end up pregnant again. She knew better. I honestly would feel the same way as you. I wouldn't be upset instead I'd feel happy for her. It's a blessing in disguise.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:00 PM
16 moms liked this

something is really wrong with your parents

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Would you say the same shit to someone who was an adult?

No?  Why say it at all then.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh please. She was barely pregnant. I'm more concerned about my sister and the baby she's actually already had, that she can't care for. It would have been even worse than things already are if she'd actually had another baby. I do feel bad for her that she is so hurt, but mostly I'm just relieved that she didn't screw up her life more, or her child's life.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

a life was lost..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)