Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would your parent(s) react.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
So with all this Caitlyn Jenner stuff going on of course FB has been a hot bed of opinions that run both ends.

Well my mother liked a status from a man who went on this huge, long and actually quite mean, tiraide about the situation. Most of the reply comments were in agreance with his stance, a few not.

In the big picutre for me, it has nothing to do with caitlyn jenner. It has to do with the realization that my mom agrees with this line of thinking enough to "like" it. Then the realization that my own mother could quite possibly treat me or my children in that manner should that be our life.

Now my mom is not really old, she 46, so that whole older generation does not really apply. It may have been my young age but up until a few years ago, she gave off the impression of a fairly open person. In that she may not make those choices for herself but that she wouldnt treat someone badly for that(ie transgendered, gay etc).

Yes i do realize every one is entitled to their opinion good or bad, and inappreciate that oportunity for us all.
Its just hard realizing your parent is not how you thought and not in a very nice way.

Anyway- how would your parent react if you or someone else in your family were in this kind of situation.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:55 PM
I don't have any patents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:56 PM
Sorry i fixed it!
I turned off auto correct and im finding my fingers are apparently too fat to hit the right letters lol!!

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't have any patents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:02 PM
I may not agree with your choices, but I'm not going to treat you differently because of them.

I think your reading too much into a "like".
Mrs.Velasquez
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:03 PM
My cousin is gay and parents don't care. Sure it's not transgender, but it's not their business.

If it was one of us however, I don't think my dad would be okay with it :( I made a comment about how I support gay rights etc and he kinda flipped. Said that I better not vote for them and believing in that was wrong. I looked at him and said he had no say in who I voted for and that I stood firm on my beliefs. He just kept saying no, no and no. Whatever, I'm a grown ass woman. I make my own choices.
PeppermintyTea
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:06 PM
How would my parents react to knowing someone that was in the middle of gender transition? I don't think they'd be hateful, or disagree... They are pretty middle of the road when it comes to those types of opinions. Probably just say "to each their own", or some similar statement.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:08 PM
I would agree with reading into it more if it were for annaccumulation of things.

Her and my grandfather and uncle like to talk politics and religion and other topics at family get togetheres.
I now know that none of the are ok with gay people, as in gay people are bad people. My mom and uncle dont think they should be allowed in their church, that they are runining our country.

I feel that yhe "like" is kind of a glimpse of how she feels.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I may not agree with your choices, but I'm not going to treat you differently because of them.

I think your reading too much into a "like".
3companytoo
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:14 PM

I don't know and I think it's almost impossible to tell unless you're in the thick of it. I hope it's something my family never faces.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)