Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy cow she's so dramatic!!! Update

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:29 PM
  • 10 Replies
My mother has diabetes. She needs a transplant. Today she tells me she gave the transplant place my cell phone number. I asked a simple question- why? She said in case something happens or to give me information in case my dad or brother can't be reached. I simply said "I can't use my cell phone while at work though!" & she says "Fine. If I die they won't contact you."!!! I told her "What I'm saying is I am not allowed to use my cell phone at work! They need to call my work number to get ahold of me!" & she replied "Forget it".

Seriously?! I will get fired if I tale a phone call on my cell phone while I'm on the clock! I work at a daycare. Its against licensing rules to be on your cell phone or any device that takes your attention off the kids because them you are leaving the classroom out of ratio!! So am I, as the main provider for my family, suppose to risk losing my job to take a phone call on a phone that's in my purse from a number I don't have saved in my phone??

She is ALWAYS full of drama & I don't get how me telling her they need to call me at work is that difficult?!

Update: my dad answered the land line & said that the transplant place could call 24 hours a day. I said that's fine but if they call while I'm at work I can not answer the phone. He said that's why they asked for an extensive list. I said well she said she gave them my cell # not my work number. That's why I'm upset- because if they call my cell while I'm at work I can't take the call! So she needs to give them my work number too!
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nonyobizniz
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:34 PM
Call her back and calmly tell her that they need the number for the schools office (or whatever )

Reassure her that this is a common place procedure and that the doctors are competent and not to worry ect

She's scared.
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:36 PM
I tried & she didn't answer. I just text my brother to tell him. Maybe he can get through to her. I'm about to call the landline though... My dad will answer that- unless she tells him not to!

Quoting nonyobizniz: Call her back and calmly tell her that they need the number for the schools office (or whatever )

Reassure her that this is a common place procedure and that the doctors are competent and not to worry ect

She's scared.
yksmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Call the transplant place and straighten it out. Then call your mother and tell her you straightened it out.
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:41 PM
I would but I don't even know what transplant place to call! I have an update... Give me a minute.

Quoting yksmom: Call the transplant place and straighten it out. Then call your mother and tell her you straightened it out.
eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:41 PM
Best easiest drama free route

Quoting yksmom: Call the transplant place and straighten it out. Then call your mother and tell her you straightened it out.
Liddy07
by Thesaurus.Rex on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:45 PM

So you hear the message on your cell phone when you leave work for the day. If they're calling because she's dead, she'll never know you made them wait.

redzinger
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:46 PM

You are all pretty stressed out. Best wishes for the surgery.

yksmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:46 PM
Get the number for the transplant place from your dad.

Quoting CampClan: I would but I don't even know what transplant place to call! I have an update... Give me a minute.

bougierouge
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:47 PM
She will regret it op just remind yourself of everything she is going through.

Hey nony make a post with the new hair!!!

Quoting nonyobizniz: Call her back and calmly tell her that they need the number for the schools office (or whatever )

She's scared.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:02 PM
Well if they have your work number and they call after work hours then you're still in the same position
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)