Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have they taken the psychopath test?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:30 PM
  • 20 Replies
So my neighbor has a baby 7 months older than DD(6months) and today she asked if I had given her the psychopath test. I burst into laugher. She looked at me and told me she was serious. I asked her what the test was and she said you hold up your baby look at her and "cry". If your baby tries to "comfort" you or starts cry they are normal. If the don't do anything they are potentially budding psychopaths.

I laughed again and asked if she was serious. She said "absolutely".

Man I've got some crazy neighbors. Has anyone heard of this or is she just as nuts as I think?
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:33 PM
That's bizarre.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:33 PM
Lol. Well idk about psychopath, but I know when my daughter was getting her developmental evaluation they asked if she comforted people who were upset - I guess that's a developmental milestone. But not at 6 months.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:35 PM
That's what I thought!

Quoting LilysMama719: That's bizarre.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:35 PM
Really? At what age is it a milestone?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lol. Well idk about psychopath, but I know when my daughter was getting her developmental evaluation they asked if she comforted people who were upset - I guess that's a developmental milestone. But not at 6 months.
SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:35 PM
No but we have always played with our babies and if it hurts we fake cry a little to teach them it hurts. I do agree that lady is kinda nutty lol. I wouldn't think an infant was a budding phycopath because they didn't cry when I did.
mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:36 PM
Weird
mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:36 PM
Is this the same one who came over and got offended by something, I can't remember what though?
WhiteRose24
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:37 PM

I guess all three of my kids are psychopaths, maybe I am too.

ElvinCephalopod
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:37 PM

AT BEST, if they don't try to comfort, or any other reaction, you MIGHT have a child with autism - at 6-13 months old - there is no way to tell if they are going to grow up to be a psychopath, or anything else for that matter

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:38 PM
No lol. The other lady is anti-swaddling and not allowed in my house lol.

Quoting mes_deux_amours: Is this the same one who came over and got offended by something, I can't remember what though?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)