Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He is mad that he is not the center of the universe???!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

DH was groping me in the kitchen this morning and I noticed the dog wasnt fed this morning yet so I called DS (it is his chore) to do it. DH stomps outside and I follow him outside to talk to him. We had a big talk and the main thing he is upset that he isnt number 1 anymore. I was flabbergasted. I work full time, go to school fulltime, take care of the house and the dishes and laundry and cleaning and make sure the kids have their homework done and such. He does not help hardly at all. I told him I supported him while he was in school (all he had to is worry about school and a partime gig since he recieved a monthly stipend from the GI BILL) I told him I was exhausted since I do everything and I dont get help. I also reminded him that he said it was going to be tough when he went to school and we struggled to connect. I told him the same thing applied to him also

Gah I am still upset about it all and I cant believe he was actually bitching about that.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow I case no one has thought to tell you this, you are doing a remarkable job. I'm very impressed with all the balls you have up in the air. And of course with your spouse this too will pass hopefully he's as intelligent and compassionate as you appear to be and will apologize to you by the time you've read this comment.
Best wishes and keep up the great work!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

DH was groping me in the kitchen this morning and I noticed the dog wasnt fed this morning yet so I called DS (it is his chore) to do it. DH stomps outside and I follow him outside to talk to him. We had a big talk and the main thing he is upset that he isnt number 1 anymore. I was flabbergasted. I work full time, go to school fulltime, take care of the house and the dishes and laundry and cleaning and make sure the kids have their homework done and such. He does not help hardly at all. I told him I supported him while he was in school (all he had to is worry about school and a partime gig since he recieved a monthly stipend from the GI BILL) I told him I was exhausted since I do everything and I dont get help. I also reminded him that he said it was going to be tough when he went to school and we struggled to connect. I told him the same thing applied to him also

Gah I am still upset about it all and I cant believe he was actually bitching about that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:56 PM

i love my children and they are the reason that I am doing this. I do love my dh but it blew me away that he felt this way. I didnt complain about it when he went to school and I dont complain about his lack of help now. I have asked for his help and its minimal.

Quoting 3gr8tKids: Wow I case no one has thought to tell you this, you are doing a remarkable job. I'm very impressed with all the balls you have up in the air. And of course with your spouse this too will pass hopefully he's as intelligent and compassionate as you appear to be and will apologize to you by the time you've read this comment. Best wishes and keep up the great work!
Quoting Anonymous 1:

eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:58 PM
I am glad that you spelled everything out for him. I hope that he actually heard you. Good job
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:58 PM
My dh said that too. I said well you help around the house more and I'll have more time to spend with you. He helps more now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:00 PM

I very much doubt that anything will change. It will be the same old shit just a different day

Quoting Anonymous 2: My dh said that too. I said well you help around the house more and I'll have more time to spend with you. He helps more now.

nickyjsmomma219
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:19 PM
I know there is a ton going on in your life, but don't forget your marriage. Sometimes it just takes a little effort to make someone feel important
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:23 PM

I am always asking how his day is and love to snuggle with him but if he actually did help, I wouldnt feel so resentful all the time. I love him yes but I can only do so much. I was the one to cheerlead him on during his schooling and I didnt press him to make me his sole universe while he was stressed about school.

Quoting nickyjsmomma219: I know there is a ton going on in your life, but don't forget your marriage. Sometimes it just takes a little effort to make someone feel important

nickyjsmomma219
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:30 PM
Ya I totally get it. But if you are resenting and rejecting him and then he acts like an ass, then you resent him more, it's just a cycle that's going to continue. Don't forget the fun. You work really hard so play sometimes. Go on a date night once in a while. Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I am always asking how his day is and love to snuggle with him but if he actually did help, I wouldnt feel so resentful all the time. I love him yes but I can only do so much. I was the one to cheerlead him on during his schooling and I didnt press him to make me his sole universe while he was stressed about school.

Quoting nickyjsmomma219: I know there is a ton going on in your life, but don't forget your marriage. Sometimes it just takes a little effort to make someone feel important

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:34 PM
I did suggest that. But since I don't go clubbing or like laser quest he doesn't even like that ides. I don't mind doing a dinner and a movie since we talk about stuff during supper and we snuggle during the movie.

Quoting nickyjsmomma219: Ya I totally get it. But if you are resenting and rejecting him and then he acts like an ass, then you resent him more, it's just a cycle that's going to continue. Don't forget the fun. You work really hard so play sometimes. Go on a date night once in a while. Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

polly.pockette
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:36 PM

LOL.  DH and I went through this the first time i was in school.  I almost left him for that and a few other reasons.  Luckily, this time he isn't such an asshole.  But he's been knocked down a few notches on the ego stick since I got my AA.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)