Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you pick him up?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
It is almost midnight here. My ex just called. (Was my ex, then I found out I was pregnant, so he's still around but we aren't together despite his many attempts.) I've had so many issues with him, namely emotional abuse and utter dysfunction in life. No job, trashes every place he inhabits, etc. I think he's narcissistic and very manipulative. He sweet talks and acts like Mr. Perfect until he knows you're somewhat attached, then becomes demanding or falls apart and expects you to pick him up and mother him.

Well he called and very convincingly says the neighbors are going to kill him, and if I want him to live through the night, I need to pick him up NOW. Here's the thing - he regularly says the neighbors are going to kill him. And not just these neighbors, either. Somehow he's often the victim of conspiracy to murder.

So I hang up with him and calmly told him to call 911 or the local preacher, who occasionally takes him in. I am sorry he's scared, but I certainly am not going to load up my daughter and 2 dogs (we're staying with family for part of summer vacation and the dogs cannot be here without me) and drive 90 minutes at midnight when I'm already exhausted to pick him up and then have nowhere to go with him since my family hates him (understandably) and he can't stay here.

If it were a true emergency...see if it were a true emergency, then he needs to call 911, not me. So either way. And I feel like this is paranoia, not manipulation, but somehow the stars always align for him to desperately need me right when he thinks I'm getting attached again. When he is regulated, he was my best friend, and it's hard to let go of that even when I know I need to.

What do you guys think?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
piperhalliwell1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:59 PM
I agree if it was a true emergency he'd be calling 911, I would not be going anywhere.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 3, 2015 at 12:00 AM
Sounds like the perfect guy to have a kid with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 3, 2015 at 12:01 AM
I do know how to pick 'em.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Sounds like the perfect guy to have a kid with.
AjayGahle
by on Jun. 3, 2015 at 12:02 AM
Thought this was gonna be a drunk husband post lol. I wouldn't go get his ass.
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 12:03 AM
No, I'd tell him to get fucked.
3companytoo
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 12:04 AM

Not a snowball's chance in hell.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 12:05 AM
I'd call the cops for him.
bopeep69
by on Jun. 3, 2015 at 12:07 AM

he needs to face responsibility, id listen to his story, what does he think of how he got into the situation. is it his fault?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 3, 2015 at 12:08 AM
You already know what we think
Sleepymom114
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like paranoid delusions. Call an ambulance and tell them he is nuts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)