Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ahhh poopy!! (Baby tmi no pix don't worry!) ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Ok I have a 6 day old. Exclusively breastfed. Poop is watery and yellow. Yellow I'm not worried about I know that's normal, but the watery part worries me. I just changed her diaper and while changing she pooped and it squirted everywhere =/ some of it pooled into a little puddle like water. Help?!

ETA~~~ thank you mama's! You have eased my worrying brain :-)
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:11 AM
I had to formula feed, here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:13 AM
Ok. Thanks for the bump :-)

Quoting Danesmommy1: I had to formula feed, here's a bump.
Bitemebetty
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:14 AM
My breastfed babies poop was just pure yellow seedy liquid.
Homeschoolmom99
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:15 AM
Baby is six days old his body is getting used to digestion.
If your worried call la leche league
AmiJanell
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:17 AM

Loose poops are normal for a baby... they should be loose yellow with little "seeds" of solid poop. 

.MiaBella.
by Mia on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:18 AM

Normal.. : )  Check out KellyMom.. especially this page   

Congratulations on your new baby!

WaterorWine
by Wino on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:19 AM
I think that might be a sign of too much fore milk? Try to nurse on one side and remember to put baby back on that side in the beginning of the next feed to get the hind milk.

If you have oversupply express some fore milk first so baby can get the fattier hind milk. I'm not sure if that is the problem but it's worth a shot!

Try the breast feeding group, they have LCs in there!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:30 AM
I didn't know there was a difference in the milk ..... I only knew there was a difference in colostrum and then milk..

Quoting WaterorWine: I think that might be a sign of too much fore milk? Try to nurse on one side and remember to put baby back on that side in the beginning of the next feed to get the hind milk.

If you have oversupply express some fore milk first so baby can get the fattier hind milk. I'm not sure if that is the problem but it's worth a shot!

WaterorWine
by Wino on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:34 AM
Yes, the milk that flows at the beginning if the feed is thirst quenching, more watery milk. After a few minutes the baby gets the hind milk which is creamier and more filling.

Which is why you should begin the next feed on that same breast before switching- to make sure the baby gets all of the hind milk first.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I didn't know there was a difference in the milk ..... I only knew there was a difference in colostrum and then milk..

Quoting WaterorWine: I think that might be a sign of too much fore milk? Try to nurse on one side and remember to put baby back on that side in the beginning of the next feed to get the hind milk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)