Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not so best friends

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I feel very lonely as far as friendship goes. I'm one of those people that puts their all into relationships. I have 2 females whom I consider my best friends ( the only people I would ever spend a susbstantial amount of time with and know I would enjoy it the whole time other than DH) and I've come to realize that maybe im not as close to them as I thought? I just found one one of the was pregnant, she says "it's not public yet but I'm 9weeks" OMG YAY! Then she proceeds to tell me she's know for a month and list all the people she told like the first week. Including her astranged sister whom is in and out of drugs and contact with the family, as various other people who I thought (based on our conversations) were not very big in her life. It kind of stings ya know? My own sister told her 2 best friends and our sister In law she was pregnant before she ever told me. (I found out a week after her "besties" ) and we talk every day. Multiple times a day. I thought we were very close. It's just, sometimes I wish that I was as important to others as they are to me. I just don't get it, at all.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:19 AM
I understand that.....sometimes I feel the same and people say I over react.....
strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:21 AM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:31 AM

I told people I wasn't close to that I was pregnant before I told anyone in the family (other than DH). It's easier to un-tell acquaintances if something happens than it is to un-tell family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I completely understand, the most adult conversation I get lately is on here (yes I know it is sad), because the people I thought were friends just do not seem to care about my life at all only about venting to me about their horrid lives...which to me is not even horrid they are just spoiled and snobby but anyways..Hugs to you I completely understand.. My DH and I are strange to some folks and we seem to have different views than a lot of people do so we do not keep friends around..It is difficult to make friends when you are picky about who you want in your life..We recently quit smoking and several people stopped all commuication because we quit smoking cigarettes.. go figure..plus a lot of people we know our age are just now having kids...or their kids are graduating high school..it is strange.. I am 34 he is 36..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:21 PM
I don't drink anymore, and I started going to church again. But we still hang out and try to stay in touch. I'm still me. I still love them. I have shared my hearts with them. Yet it's like I'm not worthy. I dont know if this is childish or if truly I'm not as good of a friend as I think I am.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I completely understand, the most adult conversation I get lately is on here (yes I know it is sad), because the people I thought were friends just do not seem to care about my life at all only about venting to me about their horrid lives...which to me is not even horrid they are just spoiled and snobby but anyways..Hugs to you I completely understand.. My DH and I are strange to some folks and we seem to have different views than a lot of people do so we do not keep friends around..It is difficult to make friends when you are picky about who you want in your life..We recently quit smoking and several people stopped all commuication because we quit smoking cigarettes.. go figure..plus a lot of people we know our age are just now having kids...or their kids are graduating high school..it is strange.. I am 34 he is 36..

karolyne9
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I know exactly what you mean. Friendships are a tricky thing, and unfortunately they are not easy to maintain. People change and grow apart, realize they want different things. One person always invests more into the relationship than the other; people misjudge or read too much into something that the other person meant nothing by. It's walking on eggshells, and can fall to pieces at any second.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)