Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dog is driving me crazy!!

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:45 AM
  • 30 Replies
She had surgery about six weeks ago to remove a tumor and spay her. They also cleaned and removed three teeth. She had a very tough recovery. Very bad pain, had to take her back for stronger pain medicine.

She's recovered completely from the surgery but ever since then she is soooooo needy!! She's constantly whining, wanting attention, wanting to be held or pet, wanting to go outside (I live in an apt so I have to take her out on a leash). She barely sleeps anymore. She's constantly bugging me for attention with her whining and pawing at me. I'm losing my mind. Nothing that I can obviously see is wrong with her, she's eating, drinking, walking normal, everything else about her is fine.

Any ideas what's going on or should I take her back to the vet?
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nonyobizniz
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:50 AM
Get her a friend
pocobuckgal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:51 AM

Anything that could be wrong with you high/low blood sugar/ pressure etc? She may be picking up on that . Our dog picks up on weird things fever, headaches, seizures etc but she has been trained to but sometimes dogs just pick up on something like that.

hobobaby
by ­čî║NonnieTumTum­čî║ on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:51 AM
I already have a second dog! :)

Quoting nonyobizniz: Get her a friend
hobobaby
by ­čî║NonnieTumTum­čî║ on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:52 AM
Oh that's really weird bc I've been worried that I've been having petit mal seizures.

Quoting pocobuckgal:

Anything that could be wrong with you high/low blood sugar/ pressure etc? She may be picking up on that . Our dog picks up on weird things fever, headaches, seizures etc but she has been trained to but sometimes dogs just pick up on something like that.

pocobuckgal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:57 AM

Quoting hobobaby: Oh that's really weird bc I've been worried that I've been having petit mal seizures.
Quoting pocobuckgal:

Definitely worth looking into . 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:57 AM
Rescue drops from Bach flowers

My dog became really fearful and needy and just plain scared and traumatized after a surgery to remove some tumors around 10 years ago, after taking her back to the vet several times and trying with a lot of meds a friend suggested that and it was the only thing that actually helped her

Some say that the anesthesia scares and traumatizes some dogs
hobobaby
by ­čî║NonnieTumTum­čî║ on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:59 AM
Ok. Thanks!

Quoting pocobuckgal:

Quoting hobobaby: Oh that's really weird bc I've been worried that I've been having petit mal seizures.

Quoting pocobuckgal:

Definitely worth looking into . 

Cassiemeru
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:00 AM
I would take her back in to be checked over, just to be on the safe side. She might be a bit anxious after that entire ordeal. She also essentially just went through instant menopause, so cut her a little slack. A mild anxiety med might help her settle back down if it's just post surgery stress/trauma.
hobobaby
by ­čî║NonnieTumTum­čî║ on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:00 AM
I will certainly look into this! This seems more on target bc it's just constant!

Where can I get it?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Rescue drops from Bach flowers

My dog became really fearful and needy and just plain scared and traumatized after a surgery to remove some tumors around 10 years ago, after taking her back to the vet several times and trying with a lot of meds a friend suggested that and it was the only thing that actually helped her

Some say that the anesthesia scares and traumatizes some dogs
hobobaby
by ­čî║NonnieTumTum­čî║ on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:02 AM
OMG. I feel so stupid! I'm an RN and this didn't even cross my mind!! lol. I've been dealing with soooo much stress too, though!

I think we both need anti anxiety meds!

Quoting Cassiemeru: I would take her back in to be checked over, just to be on the safe side. She might be a bit anxious after that entire ordeal. She also essentially just went through instant menopause, so cut her a little slack. A mild anxiety med might help her settle back down if it's just post surgery stress/trauma.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)