Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Bankruptcy Post

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

Hi ladies,

So you probably remember my post titled Bankruptcy. I just accidentally deleted it as I meant to edit it and accidentally hit the wrong button grrr. I was considering deleting it because I felt ashamed of admitting something like I did but once it went through the deletion that is I realized that I need to stop downing myself and not be fearful of sharing thoughts with others because that's what I'm here for is to give advice on post that I like to help give advice on and to also make my own post that are all in good nature.

I want to let you all know that those of you who replied to the post that I appreciate that the majority of you answered my post with sincere respectful responses with added encouragement and advice on it. I appreciate you all so much.

I realize that I made a mistake by getting myself into a situation where I fell behind on my debt and from this point forward once I get it wiped out by a possible Bankruptcy or if I can even get it cleared somehow via debt consolidation than that's the route I will take either way.

The main reason I wanted to make this post was to Thank all of you for your time in responding to me. Financially I am in a very stressful situation right now and having so much kind support from you all means so so much to me.

Finally I just wanted to add a thoughtful note to those of you who may be in your own financial mess right now and that is YOU DO HAVE PROTECTION when it comes to harassment by calls and mail by your creditors. Should you ever get harassed by a creditor that wont leave you alone this is what you tell them either by phone or mail. Note**** Mail is the best option to take in this situation when referring to your Fair Debt Collection Act Rights......................................

So you say this to them "As per the fair debt collection act I am asking you to cease all calls and collection practices from me". I think that's how it it supposed to sound. I will have a link below that explains your protection against creditors from unreasonable harassment and how to get the harassment to stop.

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/help/fair-debt-collection-practices-act-6000.php

Please refer to this link above to help guide you on your fair debt collection RIGHTS!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 6:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 6:13 AM

Below is a "sample" cease letter that will help some of you on what to say if you need to write a letter to your creditors to get them to stop all collection acts and harassment. I have the link where I found this. This letter is not written in my words but it can help guide me and maybe some of you who may need to write such a letter down the line..........................................

The Link is

http://www.fair-debt-collection.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/FREE-Sample-Letter-to-Stop-Debt-Collection-Calls.pdf

Good luck to those of you in this situation!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:10 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)